Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Knows a couple things...
2004 Wrangler TJ with 42RLE auto trans. F/R lockers, 5.38 gears, Warn Winch, Currie 4" Suspension
50,837 Posts
The screws are held by thin sheet metal like these...

Try prying up on the screw with a thin bladed screwdriver as you unscrew it. Worst case use a cold chisel or grinder to cut the head off.

· Registered
4 Posts
sawzall, heat, hammer, grinder, hulk smash, take your pick. I took my front ones off thinking I may want to put them back on. Now, Ten years later, I still haven't put them back on, and they are cheap enough to replace if you want your jeep back to factory spec, if you are not yet past the point of no return.

· Registered
19 Posts
sawzall, heat, hammer, grinder, hulk smash, take your pick. I took my front ones off thinking I may want to put them back on. Now, Ten years later, I still haven't put them back on, and they are cheap enough to replace if you want your jeep back to factory spec, if you are not yet past the point of no return.
Hahahahah -"hulk smash" that's good! They are cheap so I wouldn't be scared to cut off the screw heads. Mine have been off forever.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
The big ol' plastic containers at the end of your bumpers. They fade, break off, look silly. Lots of reasons people remove them.

· Registered
688 Posts
I cut the heads off the screws off with a angle grinder. Then between a hammer and my steel toe boot, I basically kicked the milk jugs off haha. Wasn't hard at all. Milk jugs are the plastic end caps the stock bumpers came with.

· Registered
1,270 Posts
I can lend you my wife, she can rip them off with no effort.

Don't destroy'em. I need a set, or at least the left front.
PM me when if you get them off if they are in good shape,

Just ask why I need them..........................

· Registered
747 Posts
I held the bolt head with a Vise Grip and used a drill (UniBit to be exact) to drill them out. They do have the clips holding them in however there is a spring built into the clip which once rusted fails causing the bolt to spin it seems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.