Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I tried to remove my front milk jugs and they just keep spinning and not coming. I don't know what the problem is, can anybody help. Thanks

·
Knows a couple things...
49,420 Posts
The screws are held by thin sheet metal like these...

Try prying up on the screw with a thin bladed screwdriver as you unscrew it. Worst case use a cold chisel or grinder to cut the head off.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mine spun too. I just took an angle grinder with a cutting wheel and carefully cut the screw heads off. They slid right out after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sawzall, heat, hammer, grinder, hulk smash, take your pick. I took my front ones off thinking I may want to put them back on. Now, Ten years later, I still haven't put them back on, and they are cheap enough to replace if you want your jeep back to factory spec, if you are not yet past the point of no return.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sawzall, heat, hammer, grinder, hulk smash, take your pick. I took my front ones off thinking I may want to put them back on. Now, Ten years later, I still haven't put them back on, and they are cheap enough to replace if you want your jeep back to factory spec, if you are not yet past the point of no return.
Hahahahah -"hulk smash" that's good! They are cheap so I wouldn't be scared to cut off the screw heads. Mine have been off forever.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
The big ol' plastic containers at the end of your bumpers. They fade, break off, look silly. Lots of reasons people remove them.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I cut the heads off the screws off with a angle grinder. Then between a hammer and my steel toe boot, I basically kicked the milk jugs off haha. Wasn't hard at all. Milk jugs are the plastic end caps the stock bumpers came with.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I can lend you my wife, she can rip them off with no effort.

Don't destroy'em. I need a set, or at least the left front.
PM me when if you get them off if they are in good shape,

Just ask why I need them..........................

·
Registered
279 Posts
I can lend you my wife, she can rip them off with no effort.

Don't destroy'em. I need a set, or at least the left front.
PM me when if you get them off if they are in good shape,

Just ask why I need them..........................
I'll bite, how come you need them?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I held the bolt head with a Vise Grip and used a drill (UniBit to be exact) to drill them out. They do have the clips holding them in however there is a spring built into the clip which once rusted fails causing the bolt to spin it seems.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'll bite, how come you need them?

Ahhh, cause the wife backed out of the garage and bumped the garage door fame. The Jugs lost.

Before that she backed over that trash can heard a noise and pulled forward, saw nothing and backed up again, hearing the same noise pulled forward. Dodge truck VS trash can.......

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't know milk jugs would fit my bumper do you put a green cap on the left and a red cap on the right. That way oncoming traffic knows what side to pass you on. I learn so much on here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts