Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SURE that I am not the first person to do this, but the other day I unstrapped the passenger door and then let go of it. It swung around and the mirror arm his the small curved piece up by the windshield near where the antenna attaches to the side of the jeep. Does anyone know if this piece is removable so I can fix it? I think I can pop the dent back out because I don't think that it is creased. If I can't it would be a lot easier to leave that piece with a body shop. I have attached a picture of the damage.

Thanks for the help.

Justin

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's not easily removed, it's spot welded to the fender. Someone who does PDR can probably fix it where it sits though, when you lift the hood there's fairly easy access.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the speedy reply. Just out of curiosity sake, what is "PDR?" I am hoping to have this fixed without needing to have it repainted.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
341 Posts
PDR = Paintless Dent Repair.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks for the info. I did see that product but I don't know if I love the look of it. Going to check with the local body shop tomorrow to see how much to fix it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I did see that product but I don't know if I love the look of it. Going to check with the local body shop tomorrow to see how much to fix it.
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I added the body armor. Took a few days to grow on me, but I've had several people tell me it looks more aggressive. Either way, it works for me and I wasnt about to paint my new Jeep. PDR was not an option because of the strength of the metal in that area.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had a teeny tiny dent from a rock in that same area. Carsmetics charged me $85 to fix it- took about 30-45 minutes.

I now have the cowl protectors. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts