Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember that I need to use some spacer or washers on the backside of the t top to keep the screws from going through the top? Is this correct?

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
Did you look in the manual under "Front Panel(s) Installation With Rear Hard Top Removed" ??

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
The BIG freedom bolts (the ones with the BIG black caps) that go through the panels and the center of the roll bar MUST be installed to hold the panels in place while the rear of the hard top is off. I believe it is to keep the wind from picking the panels up without the weight of the rest of the hard top to keep them in place.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
I seem to remember that I need to use some spacer or washers on the backside of the t top to keep the screws from going through the top? Is this correct?
The "Big" spinner bolts AND each panel has a little flip down "foot" that compensates for the rear top not being there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just flip those rubber pieces out facing down.

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
The "Big" spinner bolts AND each panel has a little flip down "foot" that compensates for the rear top not being there.
The manual has a good picture/illustration of exactly this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts