Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyyime it rains I find my engine steaming. Obviously the rains hitting something hot under the hood. Is this normal or is water getting somewhere its not supposed to?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Jerkbait said:
Everyyime it rains I find my engine steaming. Obviously the rains hitting something hot under the hood. Is this normal or is water getting somewhere its not supposed to?
Do you have the front plastic valance anymore or did you remove it? I noticed after removing mine that when I go through puddles now it steams...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh you mean that POS plastic thing that was under my front bumper? Na that's gone ha. Maybe that's causing it

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
That's normal. Moisture/condensation burning off looks like steam coming through the grill. Air dam, skid plate or not it happens under the right conditions.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Jerkbait said:
Oh you mean that POS plastic thing that was under my front bumper? Na that's gone ha. Maybe that's causing it
That's the one :) it definitely helps keep some of the water from splashing the engine/oil pan, but how much you care about that is up to you

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine does the same thing after a good rain. Nothing to worry about. now if I could figure out how to channel the steam so it looks like the jeep is snorting...

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I've been getting this, happened last night after a rain. It seems to only happen when raining and I checked my fluid levels, they are fine. I guess normal?

Sorry for the old thread bump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts