Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to graduate with my bachelors in business administration...What job can I do that pertains to dealing with jeep?

1.) I do not want to sale jeeps.
2.) I would really not like to move...Knoxville, TN or Lexington, KY areas...
3.) Would love to start out at $40,000...no compensation just base salary.
4.) Is there even a dream job like this?!
5.) I just like using number lists!

What do you all think? Am I crazy? What jobs can you all come up with?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not without moving. Come up here to Michigan, all the automakers literally have hundreds of job openings.
Ha! Plus the winters would be a bonus! The problem is my soon to be fiancee (she doesnt know it yet) just graduated with her Masters and has got a job offer too good to pass up. So, the area is limited!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ha! Plus the winters would be a bonus! The problem is my soon to be fiancee (she doesnt know it yet) just graduated with her Masters and has got a job offer too good to pass up. So, the area is limited!
How good is her offer? I am thinking House husband/DIY jeep modifier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am about to graduate with my bachelors in business administration...What job can I do that pertains to dealing with jeep?

1.) I do not want to sale jeeps.
2.) I would really not like to move...Knoxville, TN or Lexington, KY areas...
3.) Would love to start out at $40,000...no compensation just base salary.
4.) Is there even a dream job like this?!
5.) I just like using number lists!

What do you all think? Am I crazy? What jobs can you all come up with?

There are all kinds of opportunities out there for enthusiasts my friend, but to be honest with you most of those opportunities are going to necessitate sacrifice in the form of relocation. Like a user mentioned already, up north of you near Ohio/Michigan is where a TON of businesses end up, mostly because of the manufacturing opportunities available. Speaking from experience.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
maybe come up with a business guiding jeep trips/tours, etc?
it's easier to start out on your own while having not to many family obligations...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
40k out of the gate with no experience?

Ahh millennials.
My first job offer is $50,000 plus benefits...but it is the restaurant that I work at now to move up to manager. I would really like to stay out of the restaurant business, just because of the weird hours/8+ years as a server I am burned out!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe come up with a business guiding jeep trips/tours, etc?
it's easier to start out on your own while having not to many family obligations...
This would be awesome! May need to look into this! Haha...yeah kids are out of the question for atleast 5-7 years!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you have in mind when you decided to major in business?
My first thinking of a job was a restaurant manager. After being a server for 7 to 8 years, I feel that the hours would be hard and burned out on the whole restaurant atmosphere.

Second, I was thinking starting as a data analysis or something in a university office. I have found multiple jobs with base salary of $40,000-$50,000, then of course I would want to work my way up into a leadership role in HR.

Third, considering applying for a couple of positions at a bank as a loan officer. Pretty good pay, but do not know if I would like sitting that much.

Strongly considering real estate. I began studying real estate for fun, and if I got done with it before I graduated, I would try that out for fun. To get into the door with license and all that fun stuff is $2,000. But, first sale you could make that up.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
First, congratulations on getting your degree. Second, having a great partner to share with.:drinks:

When you start looking, don't pigeon hole yourself into looking at only jobs based on a business major. Or even something you consider a "job".
The key is you had the discipline to get your degree, and a thought process that is organized. That means a lot to companies.
Since you are just starting out, this could be a fun time to be involved with a start up business, or something even more risky... start your own.

In any case the take away should be, it's a big world with a lot of opportunities.
The ultra successful people I've met and heard talk, all the say the same thing; "I've never worked a day in my life". There is a lot to that message.
Stretch your comfort zone as far as you can, and have fun!
Best of luck to you both.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Was poking fun noah,
50k in the rest. bis is good $ but you are right -- itll kill ya
50 k is not so much once you divide it by the hours worked. Rest. managers live there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
40k out of the gate with no experience?

Ahh millennials.
I know you mentioned you were joking, but 40k in modern terms isnt a hard salary to come by. Hell I graduated with a degree in Classical Studies, 2014, got a job selling software to the Government, dont ask how. Starting salary was around 32k ended up making over 40k in my first year due to high raises, job is a zero commission sales job.

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was poking fun noah,
50k in the rest. bis is good $ but you are right -- itll kill ya
Oh, I know! I am not one to get butt hurt :mooning: lol but seriously tho, some of my classmates were expecting to graduate from college with a guaranteed job with an amazing income...it was fun to watch them squirm when they couldn't find $80k jobs and forced to start paying back their student loans!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts