Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 JKUR

I'm assuming the "( ! )" message is referring to the "INFLATE - 37" message and blinking "32" psi reading on my front right tire. Am I correct? That's the only tire blinking.

Do I have to inflate my front right tire to 37 psi to get rid of the message? I keep my tires at 32 psi cold for a smoother ride and it will be very annoying to constantly battle this. It's the first time it's occurred and all four tires have been at 32 psi for over a month. It seems that it began when I started the engine earlier than usual one morning and the psi had dropped to 29 psi. It has since gotten as high as 35 psi on a hot day but the error message persists.

Any way I can get rid of this message, or change the pressure level that trips the sensor without having to use superchip or something like that? For the time being just getting rid of the error message will suffice.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your tpms is set for 37psi ...so the tires need to be 37psi or above Get an AEV Procal about $150.00 you can set your psi threshold with it.
Seems like a good solution, but I'd rather hold off for now.

Why did the error message not occur for so long - literally 8 weeks running between 31 - 35 psi until it popped up?

Can I inflate to 37psi to get rid of it then deflate to 32psi again? It seems that it just went below the allowed factory threshold (29 psi).

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Buy a procal. Reset threshold to 20psi or so and be done with it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Seems like a good solution, but I'd rather hold off for now.

Why did the error message not occur for so long - literally 8 weeks running between 31 - 35 psi until it popped up?

Can I inflate to 37psi to get rid of it then deflate to 32psi again? It seems that it just went below the allowed factory threshold (29 psi).
It should work... but... when i changed my tires they were inflated to 34psi and the light still came on. The TPMS never saw a signal below 34.. i dunno why it's on... but i just live with it... It's going to happen again on a cold morning so i'm gonna quit while i'm ahead and eventually invest in a programmer. I'm not buying the 29psi threshold stuff i've been reading.. if your at 37psi... 8psi difference is actually more then i would want before the light came on.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
Jeep was crazy to have there psi set so high especially on a rubicon. I have my 2014 jkur set at 0 because I got tired of the warning every time I aired down.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Jeep was crazy to have there psi set so high especially on a rubicon. I have my 2014 jkur set at 0 because I got tired of the warning every time I aired down.
It's set there because that is the optimal PSI for wear and mileage for those tires. Those of you running them at 32 and below can expect lower MPG and excessive tire wear.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
It's set there because that is the optimal PSI for wear and mileage for those tires. Those of you running them at 32 and below can expect lower MPG and excessive tire wear.
I have tracked my mpg from day one and hand figure every single fill up and I get within a 1 mpg whether at 37psi or 32psi. I much prefer the better handling at 28psi. But I agree it is an epa mandated thing to get as much mpg fleet wise as possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive had this same issue with my 35" toyos. No need to run 37lbs. Ive found a solution. Inflate them to 37 and the light will go off. Then bleed them down to 32 or 33; the light won't come on. My 2015 chrysler 200 is the same way...37 is too much for a good ride; but you have to start there to reset and then deflate.
fyi...I bought the AEV pro cal and it didnt work when it came to the TPMS..unless you completely disable which is not recommended.

·
Super Moderator
21,933 Posts
Ive had this same issue with my 35" toyos. No need to run 37lbs. Ive found a solution. Inflate them to 37 and the light will go off. Then bleed them down to 32 or 33; the light won't come on. My 2015 chrysler 200 is the same way...37 is too much for a good ride; but you have to start there to reset and then deflate.
fyi...I bought the AEV pro cal and it didnt work when it came to the TPMS..unless you completely disable which is not recommended.
it will work but you need to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and start over. I have a 13 and 14 and it worked on both. I had them set down to 22psi but lately just disabled them as I air down lower to often.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great in out everyone, thanks.

For now I'm gonna air up to 37 psi then drop back down the 32 psi. When I love to bigger tires and get the procal and adjust as necessary.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
the proper pressure completely depends on the tire. once you have anything other than what came on the jeep from the factory you cant pay attention to the suggested tire size. my 37's like 25 psi. yours may not.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yesterday I brought my 305 Toyos down to 30 from 40 (including the spare) and the light stayed off. The temperature yesterday was 75 and after test driving it for 16 miles to get rid of a trammeling problem I was dealing with I kept deflating the tires to 30 since the PSI kept raising from the hot pavement. This morning it got cold, around 49 degrees and the PSI in the tires went down to 28. I started it up and the light continued to stay off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts