Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last night I was installing a bracket for a light on my 2017 JKU (no electrical work) and my alarm started going off. I tried to turn it off with the remote and the ignition but the alarm kept going. To stop it I disconnected the battery.

I've since disconnected my winch, and the factory fog lights (I had spliced in 10 inches of wire on each to get them to reach the fog light holes on my bumper. Alarm still goes off. I disconnected the door wiring harnesses, maybe one of the doors was causing the malfunction. Opened and closed the gate multiple times. Still goes off.

Does anyone know how to disable a malfunctioning alarm? The manual's direction are for an alarm that works properly. I've also googled everywhere and it seems there isn't a single fuse for the alarm.

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been thinking about this more. While I was fiddling the bracket, I was leaning on the bumper and my key was in my pocket. It's entirely possible I was leaning on one of the buttons for more than a few seconds and tripped the alarm.

Is there a way to resync the key? On one of VW's the alarm disabled the starter. The fix was to cycle the key in the door on-off-on-off 10 times, then wait an hour and everything was back to normal. Anything like that on the Jeep?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts