Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I find old logging roads and trail in S. NH to take my TJ on runs... Many come up in western states but non locally.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
We do not have BLM lands like other places do. Most NH forest roads are not for wheeled motorized vehicle use. Vermont has many.
On the other hand, NH has tons of Class VI roads. THAT is what you want to find.
Look for ExploringNH on the internet. Read up. I will tell you things are a little slow to form this year due to stay at home orders, distancing, etc., but things are slowly coming together, runs are getting posted, and stock runs will be the biggest push IMO because they are more relaxed, less technical so allow for an overall more hands off approach to keep everyone more relaxed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
NH has some great logging roas you can do but no real tough stuff, could do them with almost any vehicle. Your Jeep will just get dusty but the scenery great! The good stuff is watched by the Game Wardens (watch North Woods Law on Animal Planet!) ready to pass out fines. Most trails up in Coos County way up north. Jeeps can't legally do ATV 4 wheeler trails, big fines!

Go Jeep!!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
NH has some great logging roas you can do but no real tough stuff, could do them with almost any vehicle. Your Jeep will just get dusty but the scenery great! The good stuff is watched by the Game Wardens (watch North Woods Law on Animal Planet!) ready to pass out fines. Most trails up in Coos County way up north. Jeeps can't legally do ATV 4 wheeler trails, big fines!

Go Jeep!!!
To be clear, this is mostly wrong. There are plenty of rather difficult roads, not logging roads but actual town roads, that are available. There are some easy ones too. And Coos even has Jericho, which is an offroad park. But yes, the ATV clubs have shut the rest of us out of a large portion of Coos for sure. But NH has plenty more available than just Coos.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bobnh,

Except for Jerico, not spoken of, how's that post wrong?? Except probably your definition of "not really tough" I see you've basically repeated what was said ??

Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder? Keep your check book ready just in case! I've seen lots more Game Wardens while off roading than hunting! All met however really friendly! I especially like the Pittsburg area. Also hunting years ago in the Phillips Pond/Brook area, Staying at Cedar pond, Milan great country especially the Dummer pond area, great!!

You can however have lots of fun up there whatever you do for sure! Just my two cents and I'm outa here!

Go Jeep!!!.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Bobnh,

Except for Jerico, not spoken of, how's that post wrong?? Except probably your definition of "not really tough" I see you've basically repeated what was said ??

Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder? Keep your check book ready just in case! I've seen lots more Game Wardens while off roading than hunting! All met however really friendly! I especially like the Pittsburg area. Also hunting years ago in the Phillips Pond/Brook area, Staying at Cedar pond, Milan great country especially the Dummer pond area, great!!

You can however have lots of fun up there whatever you do for sure! Just my two cents and I'm outa here!

Go Jeep!!!.
You've missed about 75% of the state, which is riddled with Class VI roads. These are non maintained public right of ways. Yes, many can be done with a decent 4wd vehicle, but most would get damage. But many more roads are barely passable with a modified Jeep. They are out there, just have to know where to look, and northeast NH isn't the place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts