Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone!

Well...i wish i had a good story for this but honestly i just slid off the road last night during a tiny snow storm coming back from Fort Collins.

Anyway, hit something and obviously am now broken...

what do i need to do and how do i go about fixing this????

thank you for all help!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have a buddy with a welder?

Basically need to grind that off the axle and weld on a new one.

Warrior makes a "beefier" shock mount - looked just like a factory on to me though.

Let us know pal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Crap! Lower control arm - not shock mount! :facepalm:

I do not know if that will be a dealer part?

Sorry for being dumb!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks like you are going to have to weld in a new LCA mount at the least.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah...was afraid of this lol...basically what i thought though

I'll see if they can weld the new one on once i order it in...

I'm going to go to colorado axle and gear after work today or early tomorrow to see what they can do for me :(

·
Knows a couple things...
49,627 Posts
Going to a welder may be a better choice... an axle shop may try to tell you the sky is falling. I'd order one of the lower control arm mounts in that link I gave you and give it to a welder to install. Before I learned to weld, I had the same thing done for my previous TJ at my local 4x4 shop and it cost me $50 for the repair/welding work plus the cost of the bracket.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to a welder may be a better choice... an axle shop may try to tell you the sky is falling. I'd order one of the lower control arm mounts in that link I gave you and give it to a welder to install. Before I learned to weld, I had the same thing done for my previous TJ at my local 4x4 shop and it cost me $50 for the repair/welding work plus the cost of the bracket.
Sounds good, thanks for everything man...

i'll go over to a 4x4 shop later today and see what they can do...its my only vehicle so i'm still driving it at the moment...just very carefully

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got off the phone with 4wheelparts and they've got a mount in stock...gonna be 40 for the mount and 40 to weld on...appt scheduled for next week wednesday

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just got off the phone with 4wheelparts and they've got a mount in stock...gonna be 40 for the mount and 40 to weld on...appt scheduled for next week wednesday
You got a lower control arm mount and not a shock mount right? Because that's not the shock mount its a lower control arm mount:thumb:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I wouldn't trust 4wheels parts to put air in my tires, let alone weld something that I'm putting a lot of trust into.

They couldn't balance my tires right and didn't know how many PSI to put in them.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,627 Posts
I wouldn't trust 4wheels parts to put air in my tires, let alone weld something that I'm putting a lot of trust into.
I know and agree about the feeling about 4WP but there's not much to replacing/welding on a new control arm mount. I worked for 4WP's parent company years ago and when I had a similar problem, I had one of the 4WP shop guys weld the new control arm mount in place and it turned out fine. If their shop guy can weld, which isn't all that difficult since I can weld, it should turn out fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts