Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I heard this is a better time machine if you don't have a Flux capacitor:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If its the 2.4. Take it to a good shop you trust or the dealer. It's gonna cost ya a couple hundred bucks but it will be done right. I tried to do mine my self and it was a nightmare trust me just have it done professionally !

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
. Like I said I tried to do mine my self. I got it running great but the darn thing would hit the rev limiter at 3200 rpms. It was like a half tooth off I guess but it was just better on my sanity to have it done. Good luck and enjoy your TJ!

·
Registered
15 Posts
. Like I said I tried to do mine my self. I got it running great but the darn thing would hit the rev limiter at 3200 rpms. It was like a half tooth off I guess but it was just better on my sanity to have it done. Good luck and enjoy your TJ!
Did the check engine light still come on when you hit the rev limiter at 3200 Rpms. I'm having the same problem on my 06 and the only code I get is camshaft crankshaft missalignment. This is keeping me from getting it inspected would greatly appreciate some help.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Have you recently replaced the timing belt? The P0016 code is from the cam & crank sensors are out of sync. When the crank sensor sees TDC the cam sensor is not seeing the cam being where it is expected to be. The sensor monitors the exhaust cam. It sounds like it is a tooth off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you recently replaced the timing belt? The P0016 code is from the cam & crank sensors are out of sync. When the crank sensor sees TDC the cam sensor is not seeing the cam being where it is expected to be. The sensor monitors the exhaust cam. It sounds like it is a tooth off.
Yes replaced the belt also replaced the camshaft sensor. Everything I clear the code with the computer and drive it, it hits 3000 Rpms light cuts bake on same code. The marks on the came an crank are dead on by eye. Do you know of another way to check it other then eye sight? I was also worried about valve damage but it runs fine until that code comes up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts