Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says it's a spectre air filter but I don't know what size or how to replace it with a new one. Any help??

Sent from my iPhone using WF Access

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
That's a crappy Autozone filter. Your supposed to wash it and oil it like a K&N. They sell the kit at autozone

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DevilDogDoc said:
That's a crappy Autozone filter. Your supposed to wash it and oil it like a K&N. They sell the kit at autozone
Okay, the tube which the filter attached to is a carbonio. Sorry I bought my jeep with this already installed haha but Thankyou. Should I buy another better filter?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Go back to oem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thank y'all

·
Knows a couple things...
49,411 Posts
I'd run anything BUT a K&N air filter. Go back to the OE paper element air filter, it is superior to the other filters mentioned here especially the K&N which is well known to be one of the worst at actually filtering dirt out of the air.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
I'd run anything BUT a K&N air filter. Go back to the OE paper element air filter, it is superior to the other filters mentioned here especially the K&N which is well known to be one of the worst at actually filtering dirt out of the air.
Okay well in that case, no K&N it is. I'll look into the OE

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
At O'Reilly's they have a little test station set up so you can see the difference between a K&N air filter and some other brand air filter. It is supposed to show how a K&N filter allows superior air flow..but hold each filter up to the light and see how much more light you can see through the K&N filter. Then think about all the microscopic dirt and dust particles and then shudder and never buy a K&N. (K&N does allow superior air flow, but unless your vehicle is operating where there is NO dirt or dust, I would not buy one)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,411 Posts
The thing about the K&N's claim-to-fame which is better air flow, that doesn't really matter unless the air filter it is replacing is restricing air flow. In the TJ's case, the OE air filter system together with its paper element air filter doesn't restrict the air flow like many other air intake systems do. Some air intake systems are purposely engineered to be restrictive. In the TJ's case, it was specifically engineered to be non-restrictive.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
The thing about the K&N's claim-to-fame which is better air flow, that doesn't really matter unless the air filter it is replacing is restricing air flow. In the TJ's case, the OE air filter system together with its paper element air filter doesn't restrict the air flow like many other air intake systems do. Some air intake systems are purposely engineered to be restrictive. In the TJ's case, it was specifically engineered to be non-restrictive.
You know so much about jeeps... I hope I can grow up and know atleast 1% of what you know about them hahahah

Thanks for the help :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
I agree with you on that unless necessary Id stick with OEM filters.
on my motorcycle I like the little nut they put at the end on their oil filters cuz I could use my wrench to put it on and take it off easily.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I truly believe that my 2500 HD Chevy Silverado 8.1L's premature engine failure was due to the K&N air intake I had on it.

Dead at 120,00 miles. :banghead:

But then I bought the Jeep. :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jasonwrangler said:
I agree with you on that unless necessary Id stick with OEM filters.
on my motorcycle I like the little nut they put at the end on their oil filters cuz I could use my wrench to put it on and take it off easily.
Yeah I'm gonna go pick one up today

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Firemangully said:
I truly believe that my 2500 HD Chevy Silverado 8.1L's premature engine failure was due to the K&N air intake I had on it.

Dead at 120,00 miles. :banghead:

But then I bought the Jeep. :D
Sorry about your truck! Jeep life is the great life :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts