Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a2001 wrangler TJ
I removed the centerconsole to replace the subwoofer it was blown out from age., So I unplugged the passengerside airbag connector from under the console and now the AIR BAG light won't turn off.
Does anyone know FOR A FACT the correct process to turn it off? i can't find anything on how to do this.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine has been of for months, when I bought my TJ the previous owner had the pass airbag off, I switched it to on and it hasn't worked since. The airbag light (red light) is solid red on the dash.

I pulled the switch, opened it up and found this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were you able to get it to go off correctly?
I could dare less about it, buy my wife won't even geet the damn thing now. So i have to deal with that shaznit.
got any thoughts on how it is done?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nope, I should be getting a new switch soon so hopefully that cures it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and with everything reconnected properly reconnect the battery. Also make sure the pins in the connector you disconnected are staying seated properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the battery thing don't work, and I don't think you switch is not bad.
The red light is on because the computer has to be reset.
I have read on a post it has to be done by computer, the only way. But I was reposting to see if someone might have come up with some other way to get it to to reset.
There are several post that tell you to go through a process of truen the key and flipping the ingntion switwch 7 times on a sunday when you see a red bird in your front yard, holding a feed me sign made of crystals.
Thats what it felt like they had me doing anyway.
I think this light is a computer rest only and it has to be a high end computer, the autozone ones won't work. they don't have the programming software needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Turn the key half way while holding the trip odometer button until all 0's show up
A computer diagnostic test cycle will start and once its done see if that fixes your airbag light staying on. It worked for me a few times before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts