Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most vehicles have a pressure switch on the jamb. Jeeps dont. Anyone know what wire or where to tie into the wire that turns the interiors on when the doors open?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The sensor is in the door actuation mechanism and runs through the door wire harness to the interior.

Most vehicles have a pressure switch on the jamb. Jeeps dont. Anyone know what wire or where to tie into the wire that turns the interiors on when the doors open?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just installed some powerboard side steps and the triggers for each door were the : Purple wire drivers side, then purple/yellow stripe, purple/white stripe and purple/grey stripe on the passenger side. If those are the wires you are looking for.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed some powerboard side steps and the triggers for each door were the : Purple wire drivers side, then purple/yellow stripe, purple/white stripe and purple/grey stripe on the passenger side. If those are the wires you are looking for.
Where did you splice into them?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The door plunger is a bit outdated, most vehicles have gone to the latch-based switch. You'll want to tie into the Jeep side of the door harness down by your feet. You won't want to tap into the door side as it'll mean the doors can't come off anymore.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
An easier way to tap into the dome light circuit is if you look under the dash, you should see a set of small led style lights. One of these lights is triggered by the door/ dome light, the other is tied into the dash lights when you turn on your headlights.

they're easy enough to distinguish by either opening the door or turning on the headlights (or even both).

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
An easier way to tap into the dome light circuit is if you look under the dash, you should see a set of small led style lights. One of these lights is triggered by the door/ dome light, the other is tied into the dash lights when you turn on your headlights.

they're easy enough to distinguish by either opening the door or turning on the headlights (or even both).
Here's a copy of wiring diagram I posted over in another thread a short time ago. I believe you want the Yellow/White (YL/WT)wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts