Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pull the trigger on a Krazy Beaver shovel this week before a few days of camping in northern Michigan. I'm trying to figure out a way of mounting it to my spare (I have a 35" spare on a TF hinge). Anyone mount a shovel in a clever way that isn't ratchet strapping/bungie cording it to the spare?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm going to pull the trigger on a Krazy Beaver shovel this week before a few days of camping in northern Michigan. I'm trying to figure out a way of mounting it to my spare (I have a 35" spare on a TF hinge). Anyone mount a shovel in a clever way that isn't ratchet strapping/bungie cording it to the spare?
I have one of the E-tools. It's folds 3 ways then I have it stowed in a bag in the back. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
I have a couple milsurp folding shovels that fit nicely in my cargo box behind the rear seat.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a crazy beaver under the rear seat, just to say that. Seriously, I have a krazy beaver shovel, golf umbrella, wood saw, spare radio, tarp and assorted other stuff under the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a crazy beaver under the rear seat, just to say that. Seriously, I have a krazy beaver shovel, golf umbrella, wood saw, spare radio, tarp and assorted other stuff under the rear seat.
Did you have to disassemble it at all to fit in there?

·
Registered
679 Posts
strap it to the roll bar (horz - above the rear cargo area).. fits great with or without any top

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the Dominion Offroad Hi Jack mount that will also hold a shovel and axe. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
strap it to the roll bar (horz - above the rear cargo area).. fits great with or without any top
Plan A (ratchet straps probably?)

Nope. I just stick in it sharp end first.
Plan B

Thanks guys I really hadn't even considered putting it in the cabin out of the way.

·
Super Moderator
15,487 Posts
Krazy Beaver sells the Quick Fist brand mounts. I don't have the fancy shovel, but I use the Quick Fist on the rack on my trailer and they hold my shovel, axe and a number of other accessories. Just have to find a spot to mount them...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I did the same exact thing as Az Scooter: I used muffler clamps on the roll bar to attach my hi lift. Then I used quick fists to attach the shovel to the hi lift. They are high and out of the way, with no rattle.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
For what it's worth, I have the TeraFlex HD hinge with 35s as well.

In my last picture, I have the shovel mounted to my Hi lift using "Shove Lock" brackets made by Bomber Products. The pic shows the shovel mounted on the outside of my jack, but I switched it after and had it mounted on the other side of the jack (closer to the spare).

I still have those mounts. They have a few scratches on them, but are in overall great shape. Would sell them for $60 shipped.

https://bomberproducts.com/products/shove-lock-krazy-beaver-super-shovel

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the Dominion Offroad Hi Jack mount that will also hold a shovel and axe. Highly recommend.
X2.
Great product that keeps things out of the way until you need them. I carry a hi lift, shovel, and ax. I have used the shovel several times pulling people out of the sand at Ocracoke Island. I make them shovel and attach the straps and I pull them onto pavement. I haven't needed the ax yet but probably will at some point.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
FourTreks dual mount on my JCR bumper/tire carrier. When needed I carry an axe right next to the shovel. Structron 14ga shovel for $35.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts