Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dirt track race Saturday night. If you've ever been to one you know your vehicle leaves covered in dust. Anyway I drove my jeep, with the windows out of the half doors and the top up. I never had time to wash it yesterday but today I tried to wash it and the red clay stains would not come clean. Any suggestions on how to clean it and what to use? I tried the bestop top cleaner but it didn't seem to phase it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
X2. i have orange stains on my top. The bestop cleaner didnt work on that either. Would like to know how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
This came up in a thread over in the TJ forum and one suggestion was the 303 Aerospace cleaner, and the other was using a pressure washer on it. I picked up some Georgia clay stains on a recent outting, just need to get by the car wash to give the pressure washer a try.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The 303 products are good. I have the 303 protectant and it really protects the exterior and interior pieces from fading. I'm sure its jeep top cleaner is good as well.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I use bleach white white wall cleaner with a scrub brush, then rinse well. Dry it off with towels and then use the 303 protectant. Been doing it on my tops for years, and my YJ has the same Bestop Replace a Top on it for 10 years with no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts