Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, I know this may sound weird but i never had a car that was high off the ground. i had a VW GTI mk2 and a Mazda 3 and i slammed them to the floor. i had to kneel down to get in a pull myself out of the dam car.

Anyway I kinda step on my board with my left foot and put my right leg into the jeep and just jump in. seems like it does less damage to my new seats haha. What about you guys?:dance:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bad knee, so right foot on the step, butt on the driver's seat, swing legs over and in.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
My doors are never on so just slide my rear on in I'm not to worried about behind kind to my seats. They have held up to six years of serious abuse with out any rips or wear so I just hop right in. Mine is also stock suspension with 31s. So no real lift.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I run toward it from the passenger side, jump up, and then slide over the hood feet first...right before I jump up and climb in through the driver-side window...and speed off....at which point, I press my horn...which plays Dixie.

25 years driving Jeeps...and Sheriff Rosco has not caught me once.

(Rubicon. No side steps. I just sit on the left side of the seat...and then hop over a bit after my weight is on the seat.)

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Right foot in first and just kind of slide in and step my left foot in in one motion. Pretty easy for me compared to say my dad's '05 F250 with 6" lift and 35s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just kinda plop right in i guess you could say, unless my legs are hurting for whatever reason then i put my right foot on the floor board and sort of walk into the jeep.
My other car is a 1990 300zx TT that sits about 2 1/2 inches off the ground so i can understand the huge change. I bet you are loving being able to do more, i know i do.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I run toward it from the passenger side, jump up, and then slide over the hood feet first...right before I jump up and climb in through the driver-side window...and speed off....at which point, I press my horn...which plays Dixie.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
60 Posts
My LJ isn't lifted but I'm short so I put my right leg up and in then kinda hop up into the seat. Then I readjust to a driving position. Or when raining the quickest way I can get in, to get the door shut again. :)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Lmao scubasteve.

2 words: grab handle.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm 5'7" and the TJ has a 2" lift and 31" tires so it's juuuust a little too high to get in gracefully. I'm still working on a technique, but thus far I put my right foot in, grab the steering wheel and hop my butt up.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Blind Dog said:
Helps much huh?
Yarp. But I'm a 'wee lil feller', as my buddies would say.

·
Registered
10,193 Posts

(Rubicon. No side steps. I just sit on the left side of the seat...and then hop over a bit after my weight is on the seat.)
I approach from the back, backflip, handstand on the rollbar, twist and sit!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
i think we need videos of us getting into our jeeps,,,, me i just let a big fart go and it shoots my fat ass right in the drivers seat

·
Registered
153 Posts
Unzip the rear window and climb in and then unpop the dash, oh wait I mean go through the front side door yea.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts