Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like every paycheck im throwin money at my 91...Its my DD.. I have a pretty long list of parts i would like to have still and parts that it must have...I have had this jeep for maybe 6 months and have not been offroad yet...I cant help to think of how much money and parts can i throw at this thing before its not a DD anymore?? how easy is it to cross that line..how do you know when to stop?? I really want to go wheelin but there are things i must do before i can trust it that much..

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
You're never done. :)

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
When you have no money left to spend.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I took mine wheeling the weekend after I bought it. Stock height and 30" tires.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Never done hun :rofl: Focus on function before accessories. If you are planning on going offroad that $400 bumper might look great but without the right tires, suspension or locker you will get just as stuck as the day you got it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
This^^^^^^ once you get it the way you want it, you see something else :D

Not to mention that you will always want what you dont have. Example: My Jeep came with full hard doors, I want full soft doors. Got said soft doors, hated them, put full hard doors back on and now I want half doors.

Trust everyone when they say it will never "be done"

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If its your dd I would focus on reliability.

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
Not to mention that you will always want what you dont have. Example: My Jeep came with full hard doors, I want full soft doors. Got said soft doors, hated them, put full hard doors back on and now I want half doors.

Trust everyone when they say it will never "be done"
So true too! I swore I would never get flat fenders and now they are growing on me LOL But I bet after I put them on i will want my stock ones back LOL :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
harleyman...just take it wheelin. even if it is just a mild trail through the woods. You can still have fun wheelin a stock rig.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't pick EmptyPockets as a handle because I have full pockets... I have had my jeep a year and could have paid for it 2 times now in repairs and accessories...worth it though, its "almost" done... :rofl:

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
I didn't pick EmptyPockets as a handle because I have full pockets... I have had my jeep a year and could have paid for it 2 times now in repairs and accessories...worth it though, its "almost" done... :rofl:
Always right on the verge of being done! :banghead::rofl:

·
Not so Newb?
59 Posts
It's done when your soul is done. Jeep seems to embody the spirit of getting back to nature; to humankindedness. We grow to technology but quietly yearn for something more primal. Jeeps give us that opportunity. As long as you desire the chance to be human at its most base, you will never be done. You will always find some reason to modify and strengthen, to forever change, the monsters you've chosen to represent you. The Wrangler will continue to embolden you, and to love you for whatever you're worth. You can never be finished repaying such debts.

Of course, I could be so wrong. Whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Your done when you sell it for about what you have in it! Lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
your done 10 minutes after your last breathe..........then your kids wont be done til years later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts