Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know yall are probably getting tired of my questions, but i want a jeep. And i gotta learn somehow

Im currently looking at this
1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

and heres the pictures
1995 Jeep Wrangler pictures by rollers888 - Photobucket

He agreed to come down to $5500 b/c of the missing top and the dash ( hes getting it for me for $50)

Email from him:

"The only things that have changed are as follows: Fender flares are currently off. Spot lights no longer have covers. And it no longer has the soft top on it. I took it off and sold it to get a hard top. Just haven't had time to find one. It has the factory axles under it."

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Someone isa always willing to answer questions.

I would wonder what axles it has. too big of tires on weak axles equals bad news

·
Registered
908 Posts
Factory axles with 35's are no good, i guess it's regeared but that 4cylinder you'll still be lacking power no matter what.
Id rather spend less money and buy a stock jeep and then put the mods you want into it with the money saved, that way you know what you're getting yourself into and all around you'll have a more solid jeep.
I would definitely go with a 6 cylinder though.

But the jeep does look nice haha.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Factory axles with 35's are no good, i guess it's regeared but that 4cylinder you'll still be lacking power no matter what.
Id rather spend less money and buy a stock jeep and then put the mods you want into it with the money saved, that way you know what you're getting yourself into and all around you'll have a more solid jeep.
I would definitely go with a 6 cylinder though.

But the jeep does look nice haha.
I mean, i wont be doing and hardcore mud bogging, maybe just some light here and there. I dont have the money to buy a stock then upgrade it. Im leaving april 7th for boot camp. After that it will pretty much be a jeep I tinker with in between tours overseas. ill be going to look at 1990 jeep wrangler when i go to check out the one above.

·
Registered
908 Posts
See the 1990 has a 6cyl engine which i think and alot of people will agree that it's a whole lot better.
This one also doesn't look as heavily modified as the first and will probably be safer. And you wont need to get new axles because you probably wont break them.
And it has a dash and a top :].

·
Registered
455 Posts
looks nice, but I too would rather buy something super cheap that needs work, possibly a motor and do a 350 swap, and do all the mods yourself. Would have a super nice rig then, and the way you want it :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See the 1990 has a 6cyl engine which i think and alot of people will agree that it's a whole lot better.
This one also doesn't look as heavily modified as the first and will probably be safer. And you wont need to get new axles because you probably wont break them.
And it has a dash and a top :].
i know but the other one has all the spiffy stuff that i wont be able to afford with this one :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks nice, but I too would rather buy something super cheap that needs work, possibly a motor and do a 350 swap, and do all the mods yourself. Would have a super nice rig then, and the way you want it :)
i cant buy anything that needs work like a motor. dont have the time or bank for that

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Rollers888 said:
i know but the other one has all the spiffy stuff that i wont be able to afford with this one :(
As the others said the six cylinder is a huge plus. And I can tell you one thing the first one was beaten up on.a good indicator is all those mods

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As the others said the six cylinder is a huge plus. And I can tell you one thing the first one was beaten up on.a good indicator is all those mods
Well it looks like i shall be going to look at the one first. I would rather have the 6. The guy right now has 31's on it but he said there is room for some 33's which i have a set of.

·
Registered
52 Posts
no doubt from all these answers.. 35's on stock axles.. no good. not at all. i would suggest that 1990 over the fecklessly modified jeep.

·
Registered
52 Posts
breaking the axles, yeah. i'd be terrified on a trail ride. does he drive it often?

·
Registered
52 Posts
reminds me of this guy who came into the dealership yesterday with his '04 rubicon on 35's, had a winch, a good lift, and some other ordinary mods. i said 'hey, sweet rig. you get off the road much?' he looked at me and said 'no.. i don't take it off road.' i'm a supremely sarcastic man.. and he was dead serious about it. pure cosmetics kill me. he also wanted to sell it for 26k. lunatic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you could. i see it all the time. it also has a lot to do with how you ride and handle a trail. i've heard stock axles break on 31's, 33's, and 35's. how much are you trying to put into it afterwards?

·
Registered
52 Posts
you certainly would have more power with the six-cylinder on 33's. not modest, but not over-the-top. a decent jeep on and off road (you'll always be bouncing, either way ;p).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you could. i see it all the time. it also has a lot to do with how you ride and handle a trail. i've heard stock axles break on 31's, 33's, and 35's. how much are you trying to put into it afterwards?
I really wouldnt be putting anything into it. Ill be spending everything I have just to get the jeep.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts