Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been thinking about adding a CB to the Jeep and came across this combo. Found this deal for a Uniden 980 bearcat CB with a wireless mic and 23W speaker for $235 (with discount). Decent deal?
Uniden BEARCAT 980 + BC906W + BC23A
The sale ends tomorrow so I gotta act fast if I want it. Thx for your input.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You can get more for your money and have a better performing CB with a Stryker SR-89MC. Mine has 2 power settings. It's small and easier to find a place to mount. I bought mine at Bell CB for about $130.00. The small box can be put under the seat or somewhere out of the way. The display and all of the controls are in the microphone.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Check out jet.com. They have a 15 off your first order code which would bring your combo to $164.29 and free shipping.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out jet.com. They have a 15 off your first order code which would bring your combo to $164.29 and free shipping.
Wow!! Great find, never heard of this Jet site but they do have some awesome prices. Almost to good to be true, is this site legit? Hehee. Looks like this is the best route to go.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Yeah new to me too. I have no experience with them. I put together a setup yesterday with a 980 that I am thinking of getting. They were by far the cheapest. Now that I look there a quite the range of reviews on them.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Cobra 75 has the controls in the mic. Box gets mounted under the dash out of the way.

Personally we have gone wit 2way radios up here. CB didn't give us the distance we wanted.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Looks like a good deal. I didn't want the box in the way and since I have a spod the top mount wasn't an option for me, so I went with the Cobra 75 from right channel radios. I put a few pics in my build thread. Just thought I'd offer another option.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Cobra 75 has the controls in the mic. Box gets mounted under the dash out of the way.

Personally we have gone wit 2way radios up here. CB didn't give us the distance we wanted.
What are you going with? I am thinking of a BTECH MINI UV-2501 (2nd Generation) 25 Watt Dual Band Base, Mobile Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF) 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham)

and hanging it off the loop. Yes, I am a ham.

PS - Sorry (sort of) to hijack...

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been thinking about adding a CB to the Jeep and came across this combo. Found this deal for a Uniden 980 bearcat CB with a wireless mic and 23W speaker for $235 (with discount). Decent deal?
Uniden BEARCAT 980 + BC906W + BC23A
The sale ends tomorrow so I gotta act fast if I want it. Thx for your input.
Thx for the input guys! I like the NOAA weather features on this Uniden 980 so I am pretty much set on this combo from jet.com for $164.29.
Now I need a antenna, thinking this
https://jet.com/product/Firestik-FS3-B-Tuneable-3-ft-Antenna-Black/7c266ab8c094464694eb3b3b4f0225d0
Firestik II Firestik FS3-B Tuneable 3 ft. Antenna - Black will do the trick mounted on my Teraflex tire carrier with the Teraflex antenna mount. Sound like a plan? The little bit of research I've done seems like a winning combo. I want to go 3' ft so it doesn't stick over the roof to much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thx for the input guys! I like the NOAA weather features on this Uniden 980 so I am pretty much set on this combo from jet.com for $164.29.
Now I need a antenna, thinking this
https://jet.com/product/Firestik-FS3-B-Tuneable-3-ft-Antenna-Black/7c266ab8c094464694eb3b3b4f0225d0
Firestik II Firestik FS3-B Tuneable 3 ft. Antenna - Black will do the trick mounted on my Teraflex tire carrier with the Teraflex antenna mount. Sound like a plan? The little bit of research I've done seems like a winning combo. I want to go 3' ft so it doesn't stick over the roof to much.
Are you sure that jet deal includes the speaker ? It says it in the title, but no other mention of it. Also its at 202, and with 15% off, it would come to 170, how are you at 164 ? Am I looking at the wrong one ?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
What are you going with? I am thinking of a BTECH MINI UV-2501 (2nd Generation) 25 Watt Dual Band Base, Mobile Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF) 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham) and hanging it off the loop. Yes, I am a ham. PS - Sorry (sort of) to hijack...
Motorola VHF.. I'll have to get the model #. We got them from a local shop who set us up with our own Jeep channel. If we decide to use the repeater service we will be able to get 50-100 mile coverage.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you sure that jet deal includes the speaker ? It says it in the title, but no other mention of it. Also its at 202, and with 15% off, it would come to 170, how are you at 164 ? Am I looking at the wrong one ?
Its individually pieced together on jet.com and comes to $164.29 after the 15% off your first order code "15NOW"
https://jet.com/cart

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, that helped. I ended up ordering one and I don't even have my Jeep yet. lol. Where are you planning on mounting it ?
Going with this Quadratec CB mount (get a quote from Rick for a lower price) the 880 and 890 are the same dimensions so it will work with this mount.
Quadratec Exclusive JK-CBMU - Quick Disconnect CB Radio Mount for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with Full Size CB Radios - Quadratec.
It will be on the passenger side off the side console by the gear shifter.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Going with this Quadratec CB mount (get a quote from Rick for a lower price) the 880 and 890 are the same dimensions so it will work with this mount. Quadratec Exclusive JK-CBMU - Quick Disconnect CB Radio Mount for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with Full Size CB Radios - Quadratec. It will be on the passenger side off the side console by the gear shifter.
I like that bracket! I really like that I wouldn't have to drill into the plastic to do it, I just wish the wires were a little cleaner of an install. It's not a big deal, just not as clean of a look as I prefer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like that bracket! I really like that I wouldn't have to drill into the plastic to do it, I just wish the wires were a little cleaner of an install. It's not a big deal, just not as clean of a look as I prefer.
Agreed, I would like to see if there is an option to mount it in the center console hidden away. For as infrequently Ill be using it, Id like to have it out of the way mostly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts