Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far do you drive with the top down and doors off your Jeep?

So far about 20 miles round trip for me, local country scenic roads...no real highway travel.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I used to take 100 mike or so trips no top no doors with mt TJ. When I had my CJ, I drove it from Pa to NH no top or doors.
With my JK, I am not getting nearly the enjoyment out of it as I should for a variety of factors, not the least of which is my driver's side ear.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Once upon a time driving completely naked down some old country roads for an hour I needed to make a U-turn. As I entered a dirt road a pair of guard dogs began approaching. Had to accelerate quickly in reverse as being naked ain't always good LOL

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Western Mass. to RI shore.
Sun was a scorcher so I ran stagecoach with the top up, doors off and windows off.
Would not hesitate to go farther, but this trip was about 230 miles round trip and the longest I have done up to now. Definitely repeating that trip. It was a blast tooling around the coast with doors off on a nice day!

I've only had the TJ two summers and last year, I still had some mechanical stuff to do before going to far anyway...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
3 hr from metro Detroit to silver lake sand dunes, half doors, top down, in the JKU! :D

Reactions: Zwad

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just took the doors off for the first time two days ago, drove it around town today. Loved it!

Pretty sure they had never been removed before. Had to use a jack and a couple 2x4’s to get them off. Also two of the nuts were rusted onto the door hinge pins and sheared off when I tried to remove them so I had to order some of those.

Also, never thought about the guard dog situation, guess you gotta keep a look out with no doors lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Didn't check mileage but drove across the state to go elk hunting with my wife's uncle and it was about 6 or 7 hours each way. I avoided the interstate when possible and brought earplugs to keep the wind noise in check.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Most for me was 7 hours and 425 miles. Also had to head back too

·
Registered
821 Posts
Last trip was to Dubois PA from Maine for Labor Day weekend, ~1200 miles round trip.
I carry a Cab Cover that is water tight with door flaps so if need be I can pull off and cover up and I do also keep the soft top rolled up in a boot on the back.
Doors have been sitting in my living room since July.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I drive about twenty miles round trip in metro Denver to work every day, about a month ago mornings were not so bad at 5:30, the last couple of days to work there is a real bite in the air at 65 MPH on the highway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How far do you drive with the top down and doors off your Jeep?

So far about 20 miles round trip for me, local country scenic roads...no real highway travel.

I just drove from Allentown, PA to Wilmington, NC (600 miles). Ears are still ringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replies on this one. :drinks: I think now I lay awake at night thinking of places I can go with it. My Jeep was a late summer find this year...still some warm doorless days left though!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I drive about twenty miles round trip in metro Denver to work every day, about a month ago mornings were not so bad at 5:30, the last couple of days to work there is a real bite in the air at 65 MPH on the highway.
I live in Colorado Springs. Last year the point I decided to put the hard top and doors on for the season was when I drove in 42F to a doctors appointment and my temperature measured as hypothermic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Plymouth ma to York Beach maine almost every weekend...No doors but the top can be thrown up if I have too..so far this summer I have skirted the heavy rains..However I Got caught in a on rt 1 in danvers and luckily it was a sunday..pulled into a bank drive through and sat for about an hour till it let up enough to make it home with just the top up..no doors or windows for the last hour

1 - 20 of 27 Posts