Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
As above i'm just wondering how hard is your clutch (manual tranny :)) 00 TJ in perticular. I never bothered to ask so i am now. Mine is preatty heavy.. i can compare it to the leg press in the fitness center.. i'm lifting around 100 lb (on my left leg only)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right the pedal.. how hard do you have to press it.. mine is quite hard.. (i'm 130 lb and if i stand up on 1 leg the clutch is just a bit lighter than me lifting my self up on my 1 leg)

Any one has any idea why my clutch would be so hard?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My clutch is very easy to push in. When it's cold it can be a bit stiff shifting, but that's par for the course with the NV3550. Could it be time for a clutch replacement?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
sounds like something is binding pretty good in there ... clutch pedals shouldnt be that difficult to press ... i would have it looked at

give us a little more info, too ... new clutch? weight rating? ceramic? all these things can matter.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a heavy duty clutch installed in my cj that only had 3 of those springs around the plate and it was very hard to press. My friends and wife always complained and none of them wanted to use it b/c of that:) . I then installed a high performance clutch that had about 8 springs in it when I changed my rear seal on the engine and it was really easy to push. I couldn't even feel it pushing in after using the other one and everyone wanted to drive it:mad: . So if you installed a new one recently it just may be the type of clutch plate.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats how i bought the jeep. I really have no idea what kind it is. I am guessing its a high performance or heavy duty or something of that sort since it doesnt slip at all. I've driven few wranglers before i bought mine and they were really soft but since it was just a short testdrive i dont notice if wrangler clutch slips easily or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts