Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new jeep for sale at my local dealer. It was lifted and i like
the way it looks. The tires are 32.8" tall. I believe it is 4", what does the hive
think?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna say its a 2.5" or 3" at the most. Do you have any idea of the manufacture of the lift??
I looked as best as I could and saw no stickers or markings on any parts. After
I got home I realized i could have just saw how far the fender came up on my body and then compared to mine. Those tires are 305 60 18's. Would a 2.5" lift handle that size tire?

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
That's roughly a 33x12.5" tire so yea, 2.5" would be ok for that on a JK. Personally I'd like it better with more sidewall, or smaller wheels, but that's just me....

GroundHawg has 35's on his, but he hasn't listed in his profile how much lift he has..... :bottom:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's roughly a 33x12.5" tire so yea, 2.5" would be ok for that on a JK. Personally I'd like it better with more sidewall, or smaller wheels, but that's just me....
I like a smaller wheel also. And if I go this route I would probably go with a
16" wheel.

I am also wanting to put enough lift on it to handle 35" tires for later after I
re gear.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
That's about 2.5". Going by the shocks, it looks like one of the cheapie lifts- 4wd HW's knock-off, Pro Comp, or one of those- Mark W.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I've got 2.5" of lift, but ended up with over 3" actually.

I'd say that jeep is about 3". I think 4 is too much. um...I'm try to think who has a JK on 33's...look at Hilldweller's jeep. he's got a 2.5" lift on 33's I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts