Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ran 35s on a stock dana 35? one of my friends has a cherokee and ran 36" superswampers on a stock dana 35 and keeps telling me to just go ahead with it but id rather get some opinions from experienced ppl here..

any advice would be great. im trying to avoid having to deal with welding and fab work if i can help it, but let me know what you got

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
If you don't plan on taking it off road it would be OK at best. You will probably need to re gear.

If you wheel with 35's on a stock D35 you are gonna snap alot of axles.

I wouldn't do it personally.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What engine? Aside from the potentially breaking axles issue, it would be seriously unpleasant to drive a 4cyl with 35s and stock gears.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I run 35s km2s on a dana 35 with a four banger.But Idid replace the axles with cromoly 30 spline axles and a ox locker.I've had good luck have'nt broke anything yet,been runnig this setup for about year and a half.Wish I would of took that $ and put it towards a 44.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well I'll say, from experience, that 35's on my Dana 35 went kaBOOM!!!

So I did a 'mandatory' upgrade to the Ford 8.8 and 4.56's :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm ok, well i have the 4.0 but i was trying to take the easy way out. i do alot of wheelin so i guess its either 33's or try for a d44

·
Registered
422 Posts
I say go for a 44. That way, the hard part is over and your next mod can be 35's :)

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I would say GOOD LUCK lol. dana 44 then go bigger tires. Tic tic tic tic BOOM comes to mind if you don't change out there rear end.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you wheel with other people please be considerate and don't wheel something you know has a good chance of breaking. I have no problem with accidental trail breaks; but every time I've seen a broken D35 on the trail, the owner has admitted "yeah I knew that was going to happen". 12 hours of limping a broken rig off the trail just isn't fun for anyone.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Expected and unessasary fail will occur.. Get a 44 or 8.8 and do a regear. Then tars.. Expected cause it will go Boom! Unessasary because it will save you from possible on the trail hassle and you can always sell of your d35 for beer money..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i nixed the 35s dont have the money to get a 44, have it welded, regear, etc etc. so its original 33's plan oh well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts