Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would like to see your setup. Could you still do this or would you get castrated for hijacking?
I love your Advatar! I used it when I had my 2008 Mustang Bullit.

The great 2 finger salute from Steve to the French. Do you know the meaning of it? I do!

McQueen was a Man's Man. If it had an engine he could ride, drive, or fly it for a fact... :punk:

50 Something

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the pics of the wall hangars guys, this is something for me to get done before spring and those look like two great options.

As to McQueen's salute, yes I know what it means and I just love it. Once or twice I have offered it up while trying to not be too obvious. It seemed like a good Jeep avatar with the friendly Jeep wave typically being something similar but reversed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks for the pics of the wall hangars guys, this is something for me to get done before spring and those look like two great options.

As to McQueen's salute, yes I know what it means and I just love it. Once or twice I have offered it up while trying to not be too obvious. It seemed like a good Jeep avatar with the friendly Jeep wave typically being something similar but reversed.
Well here it is as I understand it:

This gesture is English in origin. Hundreds of years ago when the French and English were at war, the French would cut off the fingers of the English bowmen when captured so they couldn't use their bows anymore. The English bowmen would therefore taunt the French across enemy lines by using this particular gesture."

50 Something agrees with the "bowman" answer and writes:

"the explanation of the origin of that famous picture where McQueen is holding up two fingers is absolutely correct. The symbol started as a way of mocking the French by saying "I've still got my finger". The tradition continued long after the relevance of having a middle finger to draw a bow with and at the end of WWII it took on a second meaning- a simple "V" for victory, as in victory in Europe. Many people also be live that the modern "middle figure" gesture was derived from that "V".

50 Something

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I used some scrap lumber and a few caster wheels I had already and built a cart. I will try to snap some pic's this weekend and post.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I just put mine on the floor of the garage against the wall. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts