Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i m on the fence about getting a new clutch ... i already no when i order one its gunna be a luk ... but how do the stock clutched go for

·
Registered
177 Posts
They are good until they are bad. Each and every clutch situation will be differrent. All depends on how it was treated. If it ain't a slippin' and Throwout bearing making noise..leave it be.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
They are good until they are bad. Each and every clutch situation will be differrent. All depends on how it was treated. If it ain't a slippin' and Throwout bearing making noise..leave it be.
X2...Don't fix it, if it ain't broke...!:thumb: ..... or, If if ain't broke, fix it til it is...:D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It's a good sized clutch, no reason for a honker clutch unless you have upgraded you engine a lot.... a whole lot.

These clutches will last longer than the engine & trans if you treat it right. Change it when you wear one of them out.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I put a new clutch in when I did my motor swap at 215k and the original clutch still looked just as good as the new clutch

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My throw out bearing has been making noise since I bought it last summer but it hasn't gotten any worse, how long might I have? Think I should look into more?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts