Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 2012 JKU-R back in mid Aug, 2011...
It took me till yesterday. 5 months 4892 miles, pretty nasty bulleye with ugly cracks... I took care of the crack before it ran up and across the whole windshield. I knew it was going to happen, I did not know it was going to hurt as much as it did.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
less than a half a mile

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
3 months

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
39,143 Posts
I had my 2007 for a total of a month...was driving to work... Some idiot was mowing his GRAVEL lawn and a rock flew up and boom. :( hello crack

·
Registered
27 Posts
I took delivery of my BFG JKUR on December 13th and I got my first crack yesterday. The snow in Rhode Island on Friday and Saturday had the trucks out and sure enough, driving on the highway I took a rock to the windshield right about where my rear view mirror is. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Two weeks on the first one right after we bought it. Then again about a month later we got number two. SSHHHHHHHHHHH...................over a year now on the third, but this thread probably just jinxed me.:nonono:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
1600 miles. Rock shot across 3 lanes of traffic to smack the windshield. Nasty chip and crack. Getting it replaced next week when I have time.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Had sizable rock ding the very first week....went to get the windshield doc treatment. Worked well this past 12 months.

Odd sense of time distortion....saw the truck coming the other direction....saw the mysterious flying object...saw the trajectory ominously winging toward my left shoulder....*ZING*....it was all over...starburst about the size of my little finger nail.

Nice man at the glass docs said "Oh, one of THESE"....no insurance (at the time) had a $50 out of pocket bill, my very first MOD!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
2 Months. Right after I put on my Duratracks I grabed a rock in the treads and then slong it up and ran into it.:mad:

Now I don't take off fast when I get back on the pavement. I slowly build up speed to clear anything that may have been traped in the tread. So far this has worked well.

If I am on a trail I will stop and check but hard to do that on the gravel town roads.

·
Registered
200 Posts
2 months, got it replaced last week, close to a year later. Installed a replacement not the original OEM. Same quality same fit but no jeep on the corner and no jeep logo on the top center. OEM = $400+ and replacement cost $160 including tax, installation and a $5 tip to the installer

1 - 20 of 98 Posts