Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 JKUR bought 11/15; stuck today, 12/28, in mud up to the door. My first Jeep and only 5th time exploring off road in it. 24 degrees with snow on the ground. That mud hole sure didn't look that deep :whistling:. Yay for recovery straps and friends.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
got muck boots? should be part of recovery package!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got mine 8-31-11 got buried 9-9-11 at the beach real bad
Haha, I hope to avoid that this summer when I head to the OBX. I ordered a second recovery strap today (30 foot) after my fun in the mud. I have read it's always a good idea to have 2.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got muck boots? should be part of recovery package!
Luckily I was wearing my Gore-Tex hiking boots today and solid ground was only a couple feet away. Muck boots are a good idea.

·
Registered
455 Posts
RoobyRoo said:
Haha, I hope to avoid that this summer when I head to the OBX. I ordered a second recovery strap today (30 foot) after my fun in the mud. I have read it's always a good idea to have 2.
Yea that be good cause I had 3 trucks get stuck trying to pull me out and they only had a 10 and 20 ft strap and had to wait until a big ass f 350 came with 2 20ft straps and pulled them and me out

·
dirt road inspector
2,972 Posts
Didn't get my '12 JKU stuck but I did splash through some pot holes at the mall.

But I am taking my '78 CJ-7 to the river bottom tomorrow to cruise for stuck JK's.:D Check out the spec's in my profile.;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
2012 JKUR bought 11/15; stuck today, 12/28, in mud up to the door. My first Jeep and only 5th time exploring off road in it. 24 degrees with snow on the ground. That mud hole sure didn't look that deep :whistling:. Yay for recovery straps and friends.
My wife and I were several miles into the Carson National Forest outside of Taos and encountered a mud hole the size of Lake Erie blocking the forest road. It was just us two, and I don't have a winch, so I reluctantly turned around. Boy - did it look like fun though!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Amen...

My wife and I were several miles into the Carson National Forest outside of Taos and encountered a mud hole the size of Lake Erie blocking the forest road. It was just us two, and I don't have a winch, so I reluctantly turned around. Boy - did it look like fun though!
---------------

1. If the Benefit does not out-weigh the Risk, then ABORT :thumb:
2. Pray for the Best, Prepare for the Worst ;)

Just you and the wife, you did the commendable:cool:

Live to fight anothere day :)

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Bought if 12/30/10 Got it stuck 01/-02/11

Got off work. Picked up the kid's friend. He says there;s a mud hole down the road a ways. Missus is like, can I drive over there? Sure. High centered in short order. Muck boots were needed...badly. Passing Jker stopped and gave us a strap.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Wait for it

Click image for larger version Name: image-1439758670.jpg Views: 10 Size: 81.8 KB ID: 86093

Oh NO!!!!

You've encountered the dread "Wrangler Crack"!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts