Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how long people on here have owned a Jeep? I had always liked the looks of them but never purchased on until about 5 months ago and have to say I'm hooked!

I can't seriously picture myself in anything else... Except eventually a newer wrangler haha

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Continuously owned "Jeep" products since 1968! The 2012 is my first "Wrangler" version.

·
Registered
513 Posts
In the 80s I had a Jeepster Commando, Loved it. But starting in 2001 every thing I'v owned was a Jeep. 2 Cherokees, a 06 JL Rubi and now my 2011 Rubi JKU.
I can't see myself driveing anything else.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
2 years on febuary 20th. I've loved every single day of it

·
Registered
487 Posts
had my YJ for 6 years (96-02) and now, after a 10 yr break, back in another (just got my '12 JKU last week)

·
Registered
93 Posts
My addiction started in 84 when I bought my cj7 (new). I still have it and have spent a ton of money on rebuilding her. I owned a 2010 wrangler which I just traded in for a 2012 Rubicon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
21 years and change; I got my '91 Wrangler on December 31, 1990. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
awhile

I got my first jeep in 72, a 1942 CJ2A. Have owned at least one ever since and most of the time 2 or 3. I think I have had about 20 of them over that time frame. Lost count. Made a list but then keep thinking of others. Have never owned a Commanche, or CJ8/scramber. Think I have owned about everything else they made.

Still have a few like the 715 that I intend to get and do some restoring on.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ever since i bought my '97 in spring of '96........

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wanted one ever since I rode in my roommate's YJ back in '97, and finally bought a TJ in 2006, which I just traded on a 2012 JKUR last week. I fully intend to have one in some capacity for the rest of my life. I really want a CJ-5 one day, but not till I have the time to work on it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was driving my father's 1980 CJ5 (he bought it new) when I was in my senior year in high school. We still "cruised" then, and it was ultra-cool cruising the Jeep with the top off. The headers and glass packs on the 304 V8 made it sound real cool too! I still have that Jeep; I'm "building" it for my wife.

I learned to 'wheel in that rig. It conquered the Rubicon, the Dusy/Ershim, Mojave desert, countless Sierra Nevada trails, Pismo Beach, etc.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts