Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought (last week) a 2012 JKU and after being on the forum reading till i can't see anymore i've noticed they were limited production. I'm just wondering how limited? I tried looking online and one the forum with no luck. Anyone that has a link or knows, it would be appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Dunno but as long as I got one =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed! I love the color and it stands out and gets tons of compliments and it's only been a week. Just like the info when talking about it and who doesn't like talking about thier jeep.

·
Registered
892 Posts
My cousin has a 2011 JKU Sahara in Cosmos. Cool color and definitely not very common.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I just drove by one this morning on the way to work. I see a few every now and then in the Denver area. Crush and Dozer are definitely more popular in my area.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Everything is black, silver and crush in my area. Have yet to see a gecko! I WANT MY NEXT JEEP TO BE GECKO :punk:

There were actually 2 Cosmos on the lot when I got mine. I drove both, and they were equally optioned. I got the one with tighter steering. Some big girl got the other one, I see her driving it sometimes.

I see surf blues sometimes, even parked next to one. Cosmos is a bit darker; I like it more.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No offense but jeep stole this color from ford mustangs grabber blue
...(edited bc of ridic) this takes the cake. :surrender:

Plus it is much closer to Ford's "Atlantic Blue" they made in the 1990s. Are you going to say Ford stole Grabber from Audi's Nogaro blue...or that other blue they made?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Ok so by your logic KIA, Mercedes, BMW, FIAT, Jeep, blah blah stole Ford's Model T black?

Plus cosmos looks NOTHING like Grabber.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Does it really matter where it came from? Surely you all realize that colors and ideas are copied/stolen on a regular basis in the car industry.

I am curious how many were made, though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the color on mustangs and jeeps. I'm not picky and would be happy owning a jeep in any color. I will say Cosmo is one of my favorites. I think I have only seen one or two in my area.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Eh jeeps is a little darker but on the road they look pretty similar a jeep dealer has a used mustang right next to a used cosmos jeep they look identical from the street but who cares i think it's a girl color anyways the only 2-3 I seen were mom wagons ... Pretty f.ing sweet mom wagons but I'm more a fan of the new true blue

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That is the first 2dr cosmos with painted fenders and a painted top I have seen. I NEED ONE!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
That is the first 2dr cosmos with painted fenders and a painted top I have seen. I NEED ONE!
lol, I love Cosmos Blue, but it's just too much when the painted top and flares.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
lol, I love Cosmos Blue, but it's just too much when the painted top and flares.
That's what I thought about all Wranglers up until the time I bought mine. Really dig it on 2dr JKs.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had a Cosmo Blue '11 JK. I loved it. Sadly I realized that the 2 door wasn't big enough so I traded it for a '12 JKU Dark green. They didn't have a blue one :(. I had to wait 2 weeks to get my '11 and had to have it brought in from another deal in a different state. They are hard to find!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts