Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is too little space in the rear without removing the rear seat. I have reinstalled temporarily when I need to have three people in the Jeep. (Maybe once to twice in the last 5 years.)

·
Registered
925 Posts
My new Wrangler is on order and I will remove the rear seat. Why, because I just like having the additional space if needed, plus this vehicle is not my main means of transportation.

trainman
Same here. Wrangler on order and planning to remove the rear. Depending how often we would need it back in, I might even consider selling it. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Mine was in for a day. Picked up my best friend and his wife the day my order came in, the wives rode in the backseat while me and friend rode up front. Went out to dinner, about 2 miles from his house.

When I got home, the seat went in the basement where it sits to this day. Jeep Backbone cargo deck went in shortly thereafter so the seat no longer fits anyway.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
seat came out the night I brought it home. Heck I even removed the rear seat on my 4 door.

Reactions: haroldsinclair

·
Registered
750 Posts
I did not remove the rear seat, but just laid it down flat. Our back area is now only for our dog. It would be nice if the back doors were a little wider. I have to lift our dog into the back "bad legs" and he weighs 75 lbs. Getting him in through the small back doors is a little challenging.

·
Registered
475 Posts
There's a back seat? Mine has been in the Jeep twice...the day I brought it home, and one afternoon for two of our grandsons when we were baby sitting them to ride around top down. I have a Tuffy 299 for a 4 door installed in its place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently took mine out for the long term. It now resides on my balcony. Does anybody think that their jeep handles different without that 50lbs in the back?

·
Registered
879 Posts
It's out now, no telling when it'll go back in. Everyone else has bigger four door vehicles so fiddy year old dudes don't want to climb in the back.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My JK isn't a daily driver so I have no need for a back seat. I have a 4 door car if I need to carry passengers.

My seats came out a week after I got the JK home from the dealership. I built a special shelf in my garage, wrapped the seat in plastic, and it's been there ever since.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2017 and removed the day after we bought it. We don't have anyone that would sit back there/we want the extra space for our pups!

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
394 Posts
Seat came out as soon as the Jeep came home from the dealer. That was 10 years ago, and it has never been put back in. My cargo area might as well have a bright orange floor mat that reads: <--- Home Depot --->

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seat removed the first week I owned it.
Kids are gone, and the dog is dead. I'm a truly free man.
Seriously, it's just me and the wife, so we only need two seats.
Taking out the rear gives me more room for guns and ammo when I go to the range.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts