Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

641 - 660 of 691 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
We'll get a run posted up soon. I take lots of newbies out. I just don't do it until we are consistently under 100. Less is better, usually around a high of 90 is preferred since newbies need a lot of spotting until they learn their rigs and no one wants to stand in the sun in 100 degree weather.

·
Registered
374 Posts
We'll get a run posted up soon. I take lots of newbies out. I just don't do it until we are consistently under 100. Less is better, usually around a high of 90 is preferred since newbies need a lot of spotting until they learn their rigs and no one wants to stand in the sun in 100 degree weather.
That sounds like a plan and thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
The AVJC annual "Lake Pleasant to Crown King" is this Saturday.
Its a great starter trail with beautiful scenery, and they have it pretty well organized. Its great to meet so many different jeepers.

However, Crown King is a tiny village, and the place gets absolutely swamped. I would recommend making that trip when there AREN'T any events in the area. Why would you want to rigidly schedule such a peaceful trip. It takes all the fun out of it for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Because it's fun, to do ONCE a year, and they expect us. The saloon and a good burger is waiting. It is spaced out in groups of 10-20, and it shows you've never done it with a good group. They will have a raffle for a jeep this year for the local fire department. Please consider seeing the glass half full. Crown King will be happy to see you. It may or may not be for you, but small groups of 10 or so, is always a decent number to wheel with.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Because it's fun, to do ONCE a year...
Crown King is definitely a nice place. I'm more of a small group kinda guy. Quiet and peaceful is what I like. Move at our own pace, and stop to "smell the roses". To each their own, I agree this is a well organized event.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Crown King is a run I want to make. Im hoping to be more active this fall into spring. Got my Turtleback need to start getting it out in the woods for weekends. I cant do extreme heat (i.e. above 90*) as Im going to be taking my English Bulldog and he doesnt handle heat well at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
DZRTJP - an Arizona Jeeper

I'm from the Kingman area. Drive a 2010 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

Mostly stock drivetrain with various mods, & more on the way. This is my 2nd Wrangler (other was a 90 YJ years ago). Did most of my past off roading (80's thru 2015) in Power Wagon's, Ramcharger's, a Jeep J10, a 2001 Ram, & a slightly modified 95 Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kingman here

2018 JKU Sport.s hardtop:beerme: ride with the dirtinators. had a 2010 but ran into electrical problems. ... just the same I am definitely a newbie to this so a ton of questions.

·
Retired Moderator
100,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
:welcome: to all of you AZ. WF Members..:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another newbie here. I'm in the West Valley also...1988 Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Base Model. And, yes, I'm the original owner...we are growing old together!

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Another newbie here. I'm in the West Valley also...1988 Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Base Model. And, yes, I'm the original owner...we are growing old together!
How West Valley are you? Not many on this side of town.

641 - 660 of 691 Posts