Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 4 cyl with 130xxx on it. I've had it for 4 yrs and baby it. Seems to still be running like a champ, and I love the thing, especially this time of year down here in Florida. Just wanted to see if there were any other guys or gals on here with similar mileage or higher. Just wanted to get an idea on how long it will last me. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jeeps are notorious for lasting a long life. I've seen plenty break 200k easily. As long as you are religious with routine maintenance and you fix everything as it wears out, she will bring you many many miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comforting replies. Hopefully she will last another 100k. The mods are only getting started!

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
I have a 98 with almost 170,000, and I'm still working on her with the hopes of replacing the engine when it goes (in a bare minimum of another 230,000 miles that is.):dance:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I habe my 97 with 117xxx bit my 75 has 297xxx and my 89 had 189xxx. all have run like champs. take care of them and they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a 95 with 265000+ the transfer case chain rubbed through and I simply cut the chain and kept running it. Then sold it I still see it every once in a while

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
338,000 miles. Everything is original. Can't really tell if it is burning oil because there a small oil leak in the oil pan gasket. But I don't think it is!:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know a few Jeepers with 4cly who have over 200,000 miles and are still going strong.

My 92 XJ 4.0 went a tad over 300,000.
My sons 2000XJ 4.0 has 230,000 and you would never know it.
My 2000TJ has 140,000 and runs like the day she left the dealership.

Keep the oil changed and all routine maintainence up to date and you will see Jeep products are well built.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought an 02 with 210000 on it. Daily commuter with mostly highway miles. It had been well taken care of and had the service records so I decided to chance it. My mechanic looked it over first and felt it was a good deal at $4200. It would have been $6000 plus at a used car dealer.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
jherrington said:
338,000 miles. Everything is original. Can't really tell if it is burning oil because there a small oil leak in the oil pan gasket. But I don't think it is!:)
Oh. 4.0L manual tranny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts