Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles is to many? I want to buy a used unlimited for a daily driver, only off road it will probably see is country roads and 2 track from me hunting. My budget is under $20K

·
Registered
179 Posts
That is going to be a hard one to answer. Motors are good for at least 200K if properly maintained. Other components counts on how much abuse the vehicle has seen and what maintenance was performed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything that i specifically should be looking at?
The one im looking at is 2007 Sahara Auto 91K looks like a soccer mom owned it. $18k
but there are some small tears on the roof (shouldn't be a big deal) Normal for a soft top at that age?

·
Registered
376 Posts
How many miles is to many? I want to buy a used unlimited for a daily driver, only off road it will probably see is country roads and 2 track from me hunting. My budget is under $20K
This isn't hard. Try and find you a 2012 JKU or JK sport(To get the new 3.6L pentastar. The unlimited will be a bit more. But, depending on the options, you can probably find a nice used 2012 with barebones for around 20. (Soft top, no upgraded stereo, non rubi, higher millage)

2012 JK Sport with softop manual tranny

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would be more concerned with the maintenance than the mileage. If the Jeep had regular quality fluid changes it should last a long time and be a much better choice than one with lower miles that was not maintained.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How well it was taken care of and maintained may be the most important. If you have a trusted mechanic you can have it looked over before you buy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts