Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm curious, how many people have to go threw some kind of inspection to get their vehicles approved to be street legal or something like that? I actually never heard of inspection tell I got on this form.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Summit Co Ohio and I have to have an E check done every couple years to get license tags. Not sure if that is anything you are referring to?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Missouri requires a mechanical inspection on EVERY vehicle for licensing. Every vehicle I have owned since I was 16 has been inspected.
May seem like a pain, but at least you know your vehicle is basically sound and all the lights work. Btw, I'm 56 now.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I know some won't like this, but they should do more inspections everywhere to be honest. Talking with the MTO guys I know that always came to my old job, there are far, far more unsafe vehicles pulled off the road then gross polluters. From seeing some the heeps they pull off the road I have to agree...

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Virginia requires a yearly mechanical inspection. When I was stationed in Germany we also had to have them. I can promise you that no inspection here in the states will ever compare to the German inspections!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just to clarify, every vehicle over two years old needs to be inspected in Missouri.
True. New vehicles don't need inspections, they are new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yearly mechanical inspections and emissions testing is required here in NC till the vehicle is 35 years old then it is no longer required.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Texas has Yearly Safety inspections along with Emissions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Every year, Safety Inspection in Hawaii. The one that gets most people is the "Fenders or fender flares must cover tire tread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No inspections required here in Alabama, however other states I have lived in do. Pennsylvania, Maryland and Connecticut do.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
After the vehicles are 6yrs old We have a OBDII inspection every other year. As long as there is no check engine light & the computer is functioning correctly it will pass.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Virginia requires a yearly mechanical inspection. ...
Virginia went to an annual inspection in 1982.
Before that it was every six months.
Tough for a teenager to keep a clunker on the road back in the day.
I remember sweating that number on the glass and thinking it was just The Man keeping me down. :blackeye

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Virginia went to an annual inspection in 1982.
Before that it was every six months.
Tough for a teenager to keep a clunker on the road back in the day.
I remember sweating that number on the glass and thinking it was just The Man keeping me down. :blackeye
PA was that way too. I forget when we went to annual.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts