Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'm about to put mine back on since my spare wheel doesn't match the rest.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have a few, one with the Red Sox "B" on it, the original that came with the Jeep that says "Jeep" and a "Life is Good" one the PO put on it. Still carrying the original crappy Goodyear Wrangler for a spare that doesn't match. So I keep it covered.
Need a New England Patriots one for next football season.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Our fifth doesn't match the other four. Also, we like captain America, and my 5 year old son named the TJ "Cappy"

So we are getting the captain America shield hard cover for the spare

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use a cheap one since the 5th is the old non-matching steel wheel. Will be upgrading to the old English "D" soon since the Tigers will go farther than the stinky Red Sox this year....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I purchased my Jeep used and it came with a mounted spare tire and tire cover. I took the tire cover off and found it was mildewed and wet on the inside of the cover because it had trapped water. I took the spare tire off and brought it inside the vehicle since it was going to rust with or without the tire cover on the outside. But if I did mount it outside the vehicle, I would leave the tire cover off. It would be the lesser of the evils as far as rusting out the tire. I live in a salt zone and I bring the tires inside all vehicles we own. With or without tire covers, the wheels are going to rust badly when mounted outside the vehicle.

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
I paid good money for that 5th tire and wheel. I want people to look at it. :)
X2....plus my 3rd brake light is mounted in the spare's center cap.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I still use the cover that originally came with my Jeep.
It fits the spare on my car trailer perfectly.
I haven't used a spare cover on the Jeep since going to bigger tires.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not me. I like the look of the wheel and tire without cover.
I agree with you here. But I go further than that. Anything added to the outside of a factory stock Wrangler looks gaudy to me and detracts to the rugged look of a Wrangler. This includes a tire cover, side steps, lights, anything. Bought my Wrangler used and it came with mounted side steps. I would remove these in a minute but my wife would scream bloody murder if I did. So I'll just have to live with them. But everyone should do whatever they like to their Wrangler. It's their vehicle. It's just that I wouldn't do any of it. I purchased a RAM 1500 Tradesman instead of the sport model which came with chrome, for the very same reason I wouldn't add anything to the outside of a Wrangler. Inside, a whole different story. I plan on adding a few amenities, but nothing for looks. Only things for functional purposes.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
dont usually see them large enough and my spare lives most of its resting time in the garage, plus i like the look of the tire and rim back there, when it is on the vehicle.

so not for me

·
Registered
387 Posts
I do, first upgrade I bought for my jeep because I was worried the spare would dry out in the sun. It looks nice, but I regret spending the money on one.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts