Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 years with my TJ, and 3 with my JK, I'm tired of having to choose between "having a back seat" and "having a bit of room". I think it's time to get an Unlimited.

Trying to figure out how much the deal is going to cost me. Likely would go with a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited, and do a private sale of my 2010 Rubicon (only 16,000 miles, who's interested? Lol!)

As a second question, how accurate are you guys finding KBB represents the real world for your selling price? Lists my Rubi (with my options) at about $26,700.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Search the forum ... Lots of discussion on the topic. But, assuming you're a member of Tread Lightly (good for 1% below invoice), you can generally land anywhere from 1-4% below invoice. Most seem to land at 1-2% below invoice.

T

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Agree with the 1-2% price above, at least from what I've found. I started another thread today asking about the different car services.

As for used pricing, check out the Edmunds forums. There is a Smart Shopper section and within that a thread for Real World Trade values. Enter your TJs information and the regulars there will help you figure out a realistic price based on local auction prices. I did that for my last car and they were within $1k of the actual price I got.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Agree with the 1-2% price above,
I hope you meant BELOW, not above ... there's no reason to pay anything more than 1% BELOW invoice. A $60 membership to Tread Lightly will automatically get you 1%, again, BELOW INVOICE without any negotiation.:thumb: Go down from there if you want/if the dlr will.

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts