Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some 2016 Saharas going for $37K ... used arent too far behind..

I would want grey or black. Grey is probably my favorite color right now.

Just curious what did people here pay, used/ new/ how many miles, etc-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought a loaded Rubicon 2 door, auto, power, uconnect, hard top, 430 Nav radio, etc. for $36.5K, MSRP was $40,215 and invoice was $37,953.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bought my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 1.5 years ago for $41,000 out the door final price taxes and all fees in. It came with every possible option with the exception of climate control and body coloured hard top. This is in Toronto, Canada.

·
Premium Member
6,907 Posts
Here's part of the sales sheet from our 2013 Sahara. The window sticker was around $35,450 and I believe it came with every option except for side airbags. We also saved an additional $950 in sales tax because we bought it from a dealer in another state, around 30 miles from our house. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Saw someone selling a '13 sahara with 45k miles, 2 owners, options: color matched hardtop yada yada and wanted $26k for it. I bought my brand new '16 jk sahara with color matched top, got 3.73 gears, leather and premium sound, ect. for $32k.

IMHO its a better deal on wranglers to get it new bc then you have warranty and peace of mind that it got proper maintenance. I wouldn't say that for any other vehicle really, its just crazy how much people want for their used wrangler; I haven't got mine yet, but I don't think their resale value is really fair reflection of their quality. We'll see how their resale holds up when production catches up to demand.

tldr; paid $32k for new 2dr with bunch of options, think buying new might be the way to go

·
Super Moderator
9,110 Posts
I bought a used 2014 Sahara 4-door in December of that same year: it had 8,500 miles and everything on the options list with the exception of LSD.

I paid $34,000; it was the best deal I found after searching all of Southern California for two months. It was sitting at a Ford dealership 70 miles from home. An equivalent Sahara now would have an MSRP of $47,000.

I still have it; it now has 22,000 miles. I added a rear TrueTrac LSD and bunch of other goodies. I love it. It is quite possibly one of the best purchases I've ever made in almost 30 years buying vehicles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
New 2dr 2015, automatic, 430n, hard top. 30k. Sticker at 33,500ish. All I would change if all else was equal is gearing to 3.73. Not a huge difference now, but in a few years when it isn't "new" anymore I'll start to wheel it harder.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just got my Tank Sahara ('16) new with 430 uconnect Connectivity, Nav, and everything else except the color matched hard top and LSD for $32k. I was very set on a number of specific options and it had to be Tank so it took a little while to find it all in a 2dr (I'm a purist) and had to get it transferred from a different dealer's stock but finally found one. It was a choice between one without Nav and the hard top or with Nav and the soft top. I went with factory Nav. Dealer really worked to make it happen. Gave me his personal discount on top of partner discounts.
Mike Burda at Country Jeep in Oxford, PA is a great guy and he knows Jeeps. 2nd one I bought from him and I've had 3 friends buy new Jeeps from him.

·
For The Horde!
77 Posts
First off you cannot get a Wrangler in "Grey" I believe you mean either Anvil, Rhino, Billet Silver, or Granite Crystal. People are picky about that kind of stuff.

I got my Black 2016 JK Unlimited Sahara (4-door): 430n, Matte Hardtop, Leather & Sound for about $38k in October.

A 2016 2-Door should be about $4-7k less depending on model (Sport 6k, Rubicon 4K).

Best advice for a good deal is to shop around to multiple dealers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought a 2012 JKU Sahara with the following options:

-5 speed auto
-Dual Top (not body color)
-3.73 gears
-tow package
-engine block heater
-Cloth seats w/dark saddle
-heated seats
-Radio 130
-Alpine stereo
-Connectivity group
-Remote Start
-All weather slush mats

Had 23,000 miles on it, and I got it for $28K. I built it online new and it was around $41K, so probably $38K invoice. Couldnt justify the added $10K for only 23K miles

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
I just bought a 2012 JKU Sahara with the following options: -5 speed auto -Dual Top (not body color) -3.73 gears -tow package -engine block heater -Cloth seats w/dark saddle -heated seats -Radio 130 -Alpine stereo -Connectivity group -Remote Start -All weather slush mats Had 23,000 miles on it, and I got it for $28K. I built it online new and it was around $41K, so probably $38K invoice. Couldnt justify the added $10K for only 23K miles
I paid $34.5k for pretty much that same build in 2012 with the exception of body color top, 430n head unit, side air bags and no block heater.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It won't mean much to US buyers but we paid about $48,000 Cdn ($34,600 US) for our '15 JKU Altitude last September. That included all taxes, extra warranty, heated leather seats, Garmin nav, 5 speed auto, Dana 44 rear axle, 18" wheels, anti-spin differential, 3.73, and other mod cons including! -a birdbath hood! It is so much fun to drive slowly along the trails on a rainy day and watch the little sparrows and chickadees fly down to take a bath and washy their dirty winter underwear. - Ted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts