Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of Rubicon take-off parts around me and I was wondering which items were better over a stock 12 JKU Sport. Besides the Rubicon shocks I'll be picking up (they're so cheap and a very easy DIY install), and the springs (already have stiffest rated ones), how are these different off a Rubicon?

• Steering stabilizer
  • Front lower control arms
  • Track bar
  • Tie rod
  • Drag link
I don't have/won't be getting a lift if it matters.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
None of those are different. As far as suspension goes it's only the shocks and front sway bar that are different. If you're looking to beef up those items you will have to go aftermarket. The only exception to springs is the 10a model of 2013.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Get the shocks if you can. The Rubi monotube are a significant upgrade over the Sport/Sahara units.

If your own parts aren't damaged there is no advantage to installing the parts you list unless you want to keep them as spares.

·
Registered
616 Posts
But they are off a Jeep RUBICON, that is why most likely they cost twice as much as any other takeoffs you will see lol....

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Just to be more specific.

Big upgrade over the Sport's, "modest/different" upgrade over the Sahara's.

Here they are lined up (pic from another forum).

Being that you already have the springs, outside of shocks, there are no differences in the parts you listed.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Rubi or Sahara shocks are both a definite upgrade over Sport shocks. You already have the springs so if you can get near new shocks for a decent price it is worth it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Kafro,

You will question the "easy DIY" statement when you try to get to the nut on the top of the right front shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts