Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before buying our 2013 JK Sport this past September, we did a lot of research. Because of where we live we needed true 4WD capability, and we didn't want another pickup.

For a long time we didn't consider a Wrangler because of things we read and heard. You've heard it all before: Uncomfortable ride, leaky roof, bad mileage, hard to get in and out, yada yada yada. We decided to risk it, and figured that we could always sell it if we ended up hating it.

We've had it almost three months now, and I have ZERO complaints.

The ride is more comfortable, (and quieter!), than my Mazda 3 rode. I made and installed the paracord grab handles, and it's no problem - just give a little hop. I have been consistently getting 22 to 23 MPG, (rural 55mph roads).

I finally overcame my fears and ran it through the high-pressure automated car wash. It didn't leak one drop. I'm not kidding here -- not a single drop!! We've had quite a few days with slick, wintry roads, and driving the Wrangler in bad conditions has been great. This Jeep has far exceeded my expectations.

The best thing, though, is driving it everyday is a blast. I hop in and I feel happy!

So....how much do you love your Wrangler??

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had my jeep for 3 years now and I'm still as happy as ever. I did end up getting a leaky roof but it was fixed under warranty. Even with that, I'd buy it again. Nothing beats being able to plow through snow in the winter then taking the roof off in the summer all in addition to being able to go off road whenever you want! What a fun vehicle!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm very impressed. 22-23 mpg? Wow! AMAZING!

I felt the same. I always wanted a Wrangler but was terrified I'd be dissatisfied. Well, when I could finally afford one, I pulled the trigger. Mainly for sentimental reasons. Always wanted one since I was four and it was a six speed manual. However, I get excited every time I look at it, feel happy when I drive it, and genuinely enjoy the ownership experience.

It is said that a car gets you from point A to B, but a motorcycle moves the soul. A Jeep is a similar vehicle, it moves the soul.

Good to hear about the car wash. I've been too scared to try and have always had it hand washed. Which, probably gets it cleaner anyway, but sometimes I feel lazy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Getting excited every time you want drive a vehicle is enough reason to sacrifice a few creature comforts. The JK really does numb a lot of jeep-isms without losing any of the capability (not noisy, good highway manners, easier to get in and out than a TJ)

Oh and yes 22mpg is possible without a heavy foot and stock tires!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldn't agree more

I get excited every time I look at it, feel happy when I drive it, and genuinely enjoy the ownership experience.

It is said that a car gets you from point A to B, but a motorcycle moves the soul. A Jeep is a similar vehicle, it moves the soul.
Well said, Nikao!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.