Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm going to be posting my hard top for sale ( & move this thread below) but I wanted to check on prices. I've got a tan top for a 98 jeep, good condition. I see them go on eBay right now for about $500-$600. I'm wondering if I should hold on to it during the summer then sell it in the fall when there's mroe demand, or will they always go for around 500-600?
Also, what size torx bit do I need to take off the bolts? I somehow ended up with a 50 & it's to big.

thanks.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
what you are saying makes sense, if you have a place to store ir out of the way where it wil not get scratched or anything than hold on to it. If not seel it. tHe difference iwll probabe be only 0-100 not much

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Not much difference in price because used hard tops get snatched up quickly no matter what season it is.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i've thought about selling mine before but after watching ebay and the forums, it seems an older TJ hard top in good condition goes for about $500-$600 as you mentioned. 04-06 tops go for a bit more. i didn't think $500 would be enough to get rid of it. $1000 sure, but $500 would disappear on bills before i had time to spend it on the jeep. for day to day use, the hard top provides a more enjoyable ride so it just wouldn't be worth it to me for a lower amount. however, if i never used it....it would be gone to the highest bidder cause they can kinda be a pain to store (unless you have a hoist like i do). and i think it's a T45 socket if i remember correctly.

if i was selling it on ebay....i'd do $600 buy it now. for another $100 i'd offer the wiring harness, cause that would be a PITA to take out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts