Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Sahara 2dr. This will be a third car weekend cruiser in good weather and do not have a need or room for the hard top. Just wondering if its worth more than the $995 on the sticker

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would think you could get 900 pretty easy. But why not just see if the dealer will remove it and the cost from sticker price?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I paid 1k for a 2 year old scratched unlimited top. Here in so cal hard to find a unlimited freedom top for less than 1200. i see that yers is a two door so I would still Ask 1500 and take 1200..

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
The $995 includes the built in price of the soft top it replaced.

Best thing to do is check Craigslist, ebay, and the classifieds to get feel for used prices. Check Jeep/Mopar for an ideal of the (bloated) retail price.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Is your Jeep coming as dual top? My point of view would be - If I buy the jeep with a hard top then sell the hard top, I am still paying interest for the cost of the top for the lift of the loan. Yes selling it would give you some play money but in the long run it would be a loss if you are financing that is. If it is a dual top and they were willing to remove the top and the price $995 then you would save the money and interest over time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I paid $1200 for mine off craigslist. It was kept in a garage for 2 years, had 2 minor scratches.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Technically u are paying more than $995 for the hard top. You are paying $995 to delete the soft top and add the hard top, so you will still need to buy a soft top u less its a dual top. If its a dual top, the hard top is probably closer to around a $2000 cost.

You will not make that money back selling it, plus you will pay taxes on it, and Interest on it for the life of the loan

Id recommend to Try to get the jeep with soft top only straight from the dealer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How much experience do you have with the Wrangler soft top? It's a fossil; a chore to raise and lower, deafening wind noise over 40 MPH, and it takes up what little cargo space you have in a 2 DR when down. I can put my HT on in half the time I can put the top and PITA plastic windows up.

My suggestion is to get the HT only, an easy-to-use hoist, and carry a cabin cover for surprise showers. If it's got a 2-top pkg, sell the soft top. (There's a reason why so many do this). My JKR came HT only so I bought a soft top from someone who had never installed it. Now I wonder why.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you really dont want the hard top have the dealer take if off and deduct the price. I recently purchased a 2014 jku that was initially hard top and had the dealer switch it to a premium soft top. Took $30 off a month

1 - 9 of 9 Posts