Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 97 tj and I want to put a really nice sound system in it. My question is this, am I crazy to spend $2000 on it? I am having a local Audio shop do it all professionally, I will be getting 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Subs with custom downfire water proof/theft proof box. Super nice JL Audio Amps and new speakers all around, I like going all out on these things and want other peoples opinions on it... Thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Go for it...I would just make sure you got it all covered under insurance. :thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
If that floats your boat then go for it. Personally I have a list of other upgrades I would rather spend that kind of green on..

·
Jeeponator
1,413 Posts
If that floats your boat then go for it. Personally I have a list of other upgrades I would rather spend that kind of green on..
Wiser words :).

This is a personal decision but since you asked, me? No way, not even close.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Speaking from experience, that's a waste of money and could be used for suspension, tires/wheel, bumpers, armor. Five years from now, you will be throwing it in the trash or selling it 200 bills. But, it's a personnal choice and you should do what you choose with your cash.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't feel bad with spending money on what you like. I own a stereo shop, so for myself having really good sound in my vehicle is very important. I had a more difficult critera though - I didn't want to take up ANY usable room in the jeep. As such, I built door panels for my components, I put a JL 8w3 in my center console, and I mounted a JL HD 900/5 up under the dash (right above the gas/brake/clutch pedals). It JUST fits. But you can't see any of it, and I didnt sacrafice a single square inch of usable space. Just how I wanted.

Now, would most other people have spent hours laying on their back custom fabricating an amp mounting plate so they can put it under the dash? Absolutely not... for most people it would have totally sucked and not been worth it. But it was worth it to me, so I did it, and I love it :)

Don't feel bad being who you are and liking what you like.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
If its what makes you happy do it. Just insure it and later know that it won't sell for what you're spending.

·
Registered
412 Posts
go for it.... I love a good souding system....I spent a grand on one amp once:crazy:..... why not get JL subs? instead of rockford?

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you like having the top off and/or getting suff wet you might want to consider JL Marine. I have them in my boat and they rock. I am slowly buying sterio componments now. JL marine amp and JL marine speakers. Hopefully I will have all the stuff I need in a couple more months.

As for price, its very easy to spend a lot of money on sterio equipment. Do your research and see if you can order the parts for cheaper than the shop is offereing it. Most shops will install anything you ask them to and the internet has some great deals if you are willing to search for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts