Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my question is my 1999 Jeep Wrangler is running on 32's and I have 5 3/4 inches between the tire and the fender. how much lift do you think I have. I bought the tj recently.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Stock coils measure 12" front and 8" rear. Measure yours and compare. The difference is the amount of spring lift. You may also have a body lift and/or a coil spacer lift. Pics of your springs and body mounts will help.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
To find out amount of suspension lift, measure your front springs. Stock springs are about 12" at ride height...anything over that is amount of lift. Also see if there are spacers on top of the springs. If so measure the height of them...that would be the amount of budget boost lift. You could also have a body lift. Measure the distance between the frame rail and the tub inside a rear tire where the frame goes up over the axle. Stock height over the frame there is about 1/4", so anything more than that is the amount of body lift.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thank you. Looks like I have a 2 1/2-3" lift. All spring, no spacers. No body lift have 1/4-1/2" between tub n rail.
Maybe I can do a lil body lift so I can get 33's.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Congrats! Add a 1.25" body lift and you can clear 33s nicely. Also consider a 1" motor mount lift while you are at it. What does your rear drive shaft look like? Control arms?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
looks to be a 3 inch, I would do a body lift and motor mount lift, add in control arms to set your pinion, as soon as I could afford them and do a tummy tuck. Nice Jeep, BTW.

(dang, I just rebuilt my Jeep) lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts