Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a stock Jeep 06 TJ and I want to add a few inches of lift to it as cheaply as possible but without cutting corners and do it safely. I am between a 2-2.25 inch spacer lift for $70 I found on Amazon, however, I can not afford to buy new shocks or bump stops. Is it ok to lift the Jeep 2 inches and not change out any of the stock equipment? I do mostly street driving and driving on fire roads in search of mud, so not much flexing going on over here. Is it safe/ok for the Jeep to do the lift and not change out anything? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
At a bare minimum you will need shocks to accomodate the amount of lift.

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
This is the thread where I recently installed this 1.75"-2" spacer lift (budget boost) and I couldn't be happier. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/adding-1-75-comfort-ride-spacer-lift-2006122.html
Prior to this I had replaced my stock shocks & coils to remain at stock height. After this budget boost I have no drastic changes in any of the stock suspension geometry and therefore no driveline vibrations at all. As mentioned if you go much higher than this, it could become more complicated and more $$$.

This kit was only $129.99, it rides great and will allow me to go from 31's to 32's. And because my Jeep is my daily driver and I don't go offroad, I just wanted to give it a little more aggressive look without a complicated and expensive lift.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also went with Rubicon Express budget boost 1.75-2.00" on my 03 TJ. Bought it used last year and everything was still stock. So changing shocks was a must. Also did steering stab at that time and added M/T 32" x 10.5 tires. Didn't have to change anything else. No tire spacers, no tire rub, more aggressive look.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts