Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to the forum. My son is coming home from the airforce for 2 weeks and he wants to look at a wrangler unlimited. I am trying to do some of the leg work for him but I know nothing about a jeep. Any help on how much you got off of sticker would be appreciated. If you know of a dealer that deals let me know that as well. Thanks hope it is alright to ask.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi don't know if it'll be much help but I got my 2009 wrangler X at a dealership for 20,999 it has 40K miles and in perfect condition. They knocked off 1000 bringing it down to 19,999 hope this helps ya out. Good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
If he is looking new, join Tread Lightly. It gets you an automatic 1% under dealer invoice and some dealers will do more.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Since he is in the service he is eligible to be a USAA member. I used them and got about $1000 under invoice. It's a no haggle price.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Minimum is 1% under INVOICE. Quite a few are getting 2% under invoice. then subtract applicable rebates and make sure that he gets all the MILITARY DISCOUNTS.

Dealer recommendation probably depends on where you live.

Please give him my thanks for his service!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Since he is in the service he is eligible to be a USAA member. I used them and got about $1000 under invoice. It's a no haggle price.
Minimum is 1% under INVOICE. Quite a few are getting 2% under invoice. then subtract applicable rebates and make sure that he gets all the MILITARY DISCOUNTS.

Dealer recommendation probably depends on where you live.

Please give him my thanks for his service!
It's actually 1% PLUS the $1000 for USAA. Then of course anything else you can pull like military discounts. I just used the USAA one myself last month and it worked out to about $1250 off invoice with the under invoice + $1000 off.

EDIT: I just checked the USAA car buying site. It looks like the $1000 thing might be over.

EDIT2: Just looked all through it and for Jeep it's only applying to Compass and Patriot now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
$3,750 off JKUR auto hardtop w/4.10's which is far less than invoice according to edmunds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
USAA is a must! There is even a USAA iPhone app that lets you build the jeep precisely as you would like it and it then gives you a no haggle price. Just did this myself 3-4 weeks ago. It really makes the whole process easier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Rubicon stickered at $38,065, I am paying $36,049 (plus tax and tags, $180 dealer doc prep fee) That's quite a bit better than 1% :)

-Hammer

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Hammer_JKUR said:
My Rubicon stickered at $38,065, I am paying $36,049 (plus tax and tags, $180 dealer doc prep fee) That's quite a bit better than 1% :)

-Hammer
You are talking MSRP. You are getting about 5% off MSRP. The tread lightly discount is 1% below invoice. You will need to find out what the invoice price for your configuration is, and then take 1% off and see where you end up. My guess is you will be close to 7% -8% below MSRP.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I sold rides for a few years and you should always be able to buy an in stock vehicle for a few hunderd under invoice - any incentives. If they try to keep it from happening just ask to speak to a manager ask to see the invoice and offer the above, they will take it they still make profit and everyone is happy no need to be in any club or USAA just go in with that approach and 9 out of 10 dealers will gladly make the easy deal. the rare one that says no will call you at the end of month begging you to come in and buy it on those terms.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Edmunds.com true market value will get you the invoice price (or very close to it). I used that and all the advice on 1% below invoice, etc to get me $1500 below invoice on my 2012 JKU.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Screw this 1% stuff!!

Find 2-3 local dealers,, visit all three,, then let them have a feeding frenzy over ur business!! Do it last day of the month,,,maybe even the quarter also!

I got $5k off sticker and they paid off $4.4k I had left in my leased Jeep. On top of 2.49% for 72,, 0 down and no early payoff penality.

This was 10 days ago ,, and Im still having the two other dealers calling me asking if I got a Jeep Yet!!

Do your home work. . Congrats to your son too!! Get the military discount also.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Chris S said:
Was anyone able to apply the 1% Tread Lightly deal if they ordered their vehicle rather than buying it off the lot?
Yes I did. But they don't like to do it and will offer some resistance. They would rather sell the Ines sitting on their lot first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts