Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Considering the below Jeep

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jacksonville-1990-jeep-wrangler/6976562802.html

It does have the typical rust at the window (not a big deal) however it's rusted through where the roll bar attaches to the floor. How much of a PIA is this to get repaired or is the Jeep even worth it if the rest seems to be OK?
I'd be more worried about how the frame looks if it rusted that bad there and I also like how he says there's plenty of tread on bald tires

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Check the floor. Pull the carpets back and pick at the rusty spots. The rust by the rear of the roll bar could be because of no top (just a bikini top).
Naturally, examine the frame closely. If the frame has any fresh undercoat or any other treatment, walk away.
My rear tires have about the same amount of tread. I'm going to replace them before winter. I would have replaced them this spring if planned on any serious off roading this summer.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That baby has a big rust problem. Get underneath with a high powered flash light and check bumper to bumper. Especialy up around the gas tank, i bet you will find more rust.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I wouldn’t even waste my time. I have walked away from decent appearing CJ’s and YJ’s with far less rust than that. Keep in mind rust is NEVER better than it appears. Rust and/or bondo are deal breakers for me, even if it appears minimal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts