Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most likely adding a qtech 11000 winch and a rugged ridge XHD bumper on my JKUR. are the rubi springs good enough to support that? or will the nose sag alot?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was worried about the same thing but on a sport. I added the full length xhd bumper with an engo 12k cable winch. I had a set of rubi takeoff springs (19-59s) on standby. With the original front springs 15s, there was a 1 inch drop. I put the 19s on and leveled it back out. Im gonna switch the backs out when i add the bumper,tirecarrier,and a bigger tire. I know it doesnt answer your question directly hope it helps some.

·
Registered
996 Posts
My jeep came with 14 front and 58 in the rear. I added a teraflex leveling kit to level it and then a Warn elite bumper and winch I lost 1 1/4 inches from that. I changed the front from the 14 to a 19 and took out 1 of the front pucks to level it. Now it rides much better less body roll and no more front end diving when braking. So from the post above it must depend on what springs you have up front to start with. I can make to since out off all the different springs that come on our jeeps. I have read many different combos of front and rear spring numbers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, but whos got rubi spring experience?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is that really that noticeable? If so, what would be the best solution to level it out? I see there are a number of kits. Spacers or springs?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
That is all up to you. Nothing wrong with just puting a spacer in the front to bring it back up. That way if you deside to do a lift later on down the road you wont have weasted much money on something you dont need. You can tell hom much sag you are going to get easely. Just look up how much your bumper and winch way then have someone around that weight sit on the front bumper. It will suprise you how much it will drop.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How tricky is installing spacers? Never had to do suspension work before.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I added an additonal 110 lbs between a winch and a plate and have had my 15# springs drop 1/4 of an inch right after. Im expecting a little bit more over time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
thanks, but whos got rubi spring experience?
You do no there is no such thing as rubi springs. A Rubicon can come with any springs on it. They are not heavier duty springs. All Rubicon come with better shocks that have nothing to do with you sag. My buddies 2013 Rubicon came with 14 in front and 56 in the rear.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
How do you determine which springs you have? I know there is a blue tag on the springs but I do not see a spring rate on that or on the spring itself. thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
How do you determine which springs you have? I know there is a blue tag on the springs but I do not see a spring rate on that or on the spring itself. thanks
ok I figured it out mine 6317ac front and rear 4458aa so I have 17's and 58's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok I am installing a warn elite front bumper on my Sahara. It's just for look. I will not install any winch. Do I still have to worry about the sag?

·
Registered
64 Posts
We have noticed on the taller springs (mainly found on the Rubicons), that an "off-road" bumper will do just fine on the front end with minimal front end sag. It is when you add a winch that the front suspension compresses noticeable, and bottoms out against the bump stops over speed bumps.

A good suspension lift kit will ultimately keep or improve the Wrangler's driving and handling. A 2.0" spacer kit from either Tereflex or AEV would give you what you need to do a budget fix without compromising your suspension.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I added a Ramsey 9500 winch and Warn Elite front bumper to my Rubi and yeah, there is sag. But sag is just a silly cosmetic nuisance. What killed me was the wretched brake dive and generally wonky handling from hanging all that pork off the front. :doh:

I know Jeeps aren't exactly known for handling prowess, but I swear the little bastard would do a handstand every time I came up to a light.

Enter our friendly neighborhood aftermarket. I replaced the steel cable on my winch with synthetic and threw on a set of Rancho 9000s and voila! No more crappy brake dive. Ride is much better all around too as the factory shocks (even on the Rubi) are tuned for mall-crawlin' wankers. :hide:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I installed a full width steel bumper and Q9000 winch on mine. Front end dropped maybe 1/2", but I haven't noticed any remarkable difference in driving/handling/braking/etc. Went over a pretty nasty chewed up RR crossing this morning and it felt just like it always does.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm running a JCR Stubby with a 9500 winch on my 2013 JKU Rubi and the sag is minimal. I can feel the difference driving, but it is minimal too. Had it off road on some pretty rough terrain with no drivability problems

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have 18/59 springs and lost a full inch or more when I installed my JCR front stinger with Recon 10.5K synthetic rope winch and JCR Crusader rear bumper with tire carrier.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts