Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Sahara with stock 18 x 7.5 alloy wheels and P255/70R18 tires on them. ( 32in x 10in ). I would like to place the on the stock rims 35" tires.

How much should I lift the jeep? ... is it directly proportional to the increase in the tire size?

I don't plan to do any off-roading ... want it more for aesthetics.

I would like to maintain as close as possible the factory ride (or better).

With so many lift kits out there, where do I start? coil spring lifts w/ shocks versus budget boost? What are the top names in the industry? I plan to keep this rig for at least a decade and am interested in quality?

I have a local garage that specializes in Jeep mods, but I'm concerned they will only try to sell me the most expensive package and not what is best for my particular circumstance.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
I have a 2015 Sahara with stock 18 x 7.5 alloy wheels and P255/70R18 tires on them. ( 32in x 10in ). I would like to place the on the stock rims 35" tires.

How much should I lift the jeep? ... is it directly proportional to the increase in the tire size?

With so many lift kits out there, where do I start? coil spring lifts w/ shocks versus budget boost? What are the top names in the industry? I plan to keep this rig for at least a decade and am interested in quality?

I have a local garage that specializes in Jeep mods, but I'm concerned they will only try to sell me the most expensive package and not what is best for my particular circumstance.
You'll need to do some reading...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/beginners-guide-to-lifting-your-jk-298665.html

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/most-popular-lift-shock-setup-on-wf-1136938.html

·
Registered
382 Posts
In addition to the above post, yes you will have to read a lot, search "pizza cutter" ( no I'm not joking, yes I'm serious, and don't call me Shirly) in the search tab. Putting 35s on stock rims is something they call the pizza cutter look because your wheels will be tall and thin, like a pizza cutter. It's not a bad look. Lots of people do it, including me when the funds become available. It's just the accepted vernacular in the Jeep Family.

Good luck with your build and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
339 Posts

It is easy, nothing to read, NO lift required, all you need are high clearance fenders, wheels with a 4.5" Back Space and minor bumper mods or new bumpers,,,, My 2016 with 35s (315 70 17) and NO lift:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts