Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Looking to purchase a 2019 JL Moab - Bikini Pearl tomorrow. MSRP states $55,690, but the dealer says they'll let it go for $49,246 before taxes and fees. Is this a good price? Should I try to lower it?

Not sure if this matters, but I live in Northern VA and this is the only Moab they have on their lot. Not sure if it's been sitting there a while and they want to sell it quick, but I know Moabs are pretty rare in our area.

Thank you for all of your help!

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
The only person who needs to be happy with the price is you. There will always be people who said they have done better so just offer what you are happy with and if they take it be happy.

Reactions: RubiconSS

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a 2019 JLU Rubicon a few weeks ago, and around 10% off MSRP seems to be a good deal. Some do better, most do worse, but that’s a good rule of thumb to work from.

Also, not to dissuade you, but you do realize that you can get a Rubicon for around the same price, and that the Moab doesn’t have the same drive train as the Rubicon. No lockers, no sway bar disconnect, upgraded axle, etc. The Moab is a Sahara with a Rubicon appearance package. Nothing wrong with that, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of the difference.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I bought a 2019 JLU Rubicon a few weeks ago, and around 10% off MSRP seems to be a good deal. Some do better, most do worse, but that’s a good rule of thumb to work from.

Also, not to dissuade you, but you do realize that you can get a Rubicon for around the same price, and that the Moab doesn’t have the same drive train as the Rubicon. No lockers, no sway bar disconnect, upgraded axle, etc. The Moab is a Sahara with a Rubicon appearance package. Nothing wrong with that, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of the difference.
That's the problem with the MOAB. You're getting basically a Sahara that looks like a Rubi. For more money than a Rubi.

And the price seems ok. I got a $55K JLUR for $48,600. I think you could get if for a bit less, but you're in the right ballpark in my opinion

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Hey guys!

Looking to purchase a 2019 JL Moab - Bikini Pearl tomorrow. MSRP states $55,690, but the dealer says they'll let it go for $49,246 before taxes and fees. Is this a good price? Should I try to lower it?

Not sure if this matters, but I live in Northern VA and this is the only Moab they have on their lot. Not sure if it's been sitting there a while and they want to sell it quick, but I know Moabs are pretty rare in our area.

Thank you for all of your help!
Not a bad price unless they try to add back in the destination charge as a "fee."

Have to watch some of those Northern VA dealers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up my 2019 new JLS for 29k, sticker was 36k.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The two threads with the most story telling, % off MSRP and fuel mileage. Pay what your comfortable with and don’t look back. Peace, Lee.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you ... now next steps

So I got it! Walked out the door with my 19 JL Moab for 45.5 after a 7k trade in. I basically got it for roughly 13% off MSRP once they factored the freight/destination fee back in. I tried to haggle on this, but they wouldn't budge.

I absolutely love the vehicle, more than I anticipated actually. However, I'll be honest and say I didn't do my research enough to know that it's just a fancy Sahara ... with that said, I have no idea how to create my build. Any suggestions?

I'm looking to do a 3.5" or 4" lift with 37's. No rock crawling, just some nice offroading from time to time. I work 5 mins from home and generally stay in the same area so MPG isn't a major factor for me - I just want to make sure it rides well and when the time comes to go get in the dirt and mud, I'll be ready. Help!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
.Congrats. What dealer in Northern VA did you buy from?

Reactions: alexandratapia

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
.Congrats. What dealer in Northern VA did you buy from?

Got it from Safford in Springfield. The finance manager was a total ass, however I enjoyed working with everyone else. I made a deal before I even showed up, so it was a quick process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats. I have a 19 JLUM as well. Love it. I knew I didn't need everything the R had, I'll do some off roading, but nothing serious. If I decide to get more into it, I'll get an older R as well.

Do you plan on lifting it and changing tires? Would love to hear what you have in mind!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Love my JLUM as WELL

Congrats. I have a 19 JLUM as well. Love it. I knew I didn't need everything the R had, I'll do some off roading, but nothing serious. If I decide to get more into it, I'll get an older R as well.
Got mine in July. I love it. To the OP, know that you have 1 of 92 produced Bikini Moabs. There were only 4200 produced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you please tell me the paint code for your Bikini pearlcoat? I would like to paint my TJ that color!

Hmm where can I find that info? Happy to share - just not sure where that code is located lol

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
So I got it! Walked out the door with my 19 JL Moab for 45.5 after a 7k trade in. I basically got it for roughly 13% off MSRP once they factored the freight/destination fee back in. I tried to haggle on this, but they wouldn't budge.

I absolutely love the vehicle, more than I anticipated actually. However, I'll be honest and say I didn't do my research enough to know that it's just a fancy Sahara ... with that said, I have no idea how to create my build. Any suggestions?

I'm looking to do a 3.5" or 4" lift with 37's. No rock crawling, just some nice offroading from time to time. I work 5 mins from home and generally stay in the same area so MPG isn't a major factor for me - I just want to make sure it rides well and when the time comes to go get in the dirt and mud, I'll be ready. Help!

Thank you!!
Enjoy your Jeep. Moabs are very nice. Not everybody wants or needs a Rubicon but they want some of the aesthetics - the Moab was a smart offering from FCA.

That is too much lift....enjoy it as is for a little while first.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts