Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1995 and the wiring is all sorts of screwed up so does anybody know how much it would cost to cometely redo all of the wiring?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'd get 2 used wiring harnesses and make sure the bulkhead connector is in good shape. If you're willing to get your hands dirty, I don't think it would be super difficult. Just time consuming

·
Registered
693 Posts
Probably gonna require a trip to the junkyard or some browsing on ebay/craigslist.

As far as I know there aren't any manufacturers of replacement chassis harnesses for the 92-95 Wrangler. Even if there were, the harness would likely go for about $1000 or so, based on what is available for the 87-91 YJ.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I would just take it to a good electrical mechanic along with a list of every electrical problem that you are having with it. Electrical mechanics are different than regular auto mechanics, and they normally do a clean quick job. You can even get an estimate. I say to take it to a electrical mechanic because they specialize in this sort of work. They are so good that they don't take as much time as regular auto mechanics, so you having cost savings in labor with them. Most of the cost in electrical work is just labor. Wiring and connectors are so cheap that they don't even waste there time charging you for that cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts